Day #18

Chris Brown

"I'm not ready for you to go back to work yet." I said to Savannah. She laughed, combing her hair.

"I might be pregnant but I have to go to work. And soon you will be too. I'm so proud you got the job! How did the interview go, you never told me." I smiled at her.

"Well you know, I walked in there and charmed them. I charmed them with my looks and talent. My charm works on everyone."

"Like?"

"It worked on you."She blushed looking away.

"All right, Chris. Well I should get going." I hopped off the bed and grabbed my keys off the dresser.

"I'm gonna take you."

"Thanks but, baby, I'm perfectly capable of taking myself. I'm not disabled or anything, you know that right?"

"Yeah I know, Savannah. Drive yourself to work everyday if you want, but not today. I gotta have a few words with your so called boss."

"Oh God, this isn't about what happened the last time is it? Because I'm passed that, it was no ones fault that happened but mine." I shook my head at her.

"It's more than what happened the last time to me. And I'm not passed it, Savannah, and it's not your fault you passed out. You know what? I blame him. Haven't even really met the man and here his talking to you like he's got some fucking authority."

"Well he kind of does."

"No, fuck that. You're a woman, no one should be talking to you the way he does and disrespecting you like that. Not even me, Savannah. You deserve much more credit and respect than he's giving you. And you're letting him get away with it. What happened to the hardcore, I don't tolerate bullshit Savannah I knew back in high school?"

"She grew up." She shrugged.

"He's stressing you out and that's not healthy for you right now. So either you talk to him or I will."

"I'll talk to him."

"No, he thinks he can talk to you any kind of way. He's not gonna listen."

"You just said either I talk to him or you will!"

"You thought I was serious?" I laughed putting my jacket on and walking out of her room. "I'm gonna talk to him so let's go, little lady."

Savannah and I made our way to the car and hopped in, driving towards the building where she works. I was honestly very ready to talk to her boss. I'm not going to try and argue with the guy because I know he'll try and argue with me. But I'm going to have an adult conversation with him for Savannah and the baby's sake.

"Please don't get me fired." Savannah said as I helped her out the car.

"I'm not going to get you fired. The man can't be mad you're pregnant and need to take it easy. That's all I'm going to tell him." She looked at me as we walked towards the building.

"Chris."

"That's all I'm going to tell him!" I repeated.

"Okay. And leave it at that." I rolled my eyes and we walked into the building. I gave Savannah a quick hug & kissed before making my way to the front desk and her making her way upstairs to her office.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I said leaning on the desk. She looked up at me, taking off her headset.

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Uh, I'm here to talk to the owner, CEO of this company."

"Mr. Mike Runyon. Does he know who you are, why and that you're here right now?" She asked.

"Oh he definitely knows who I am. But he doesn't know that I'm here, yet that shouldn't change the fact that I need to talk to him. It's urgent."

"Well he is the CEO, sir. He could be busy right now. I can see if he's available, just tell me you're name and why you're here." She grabbed the phone and put it up to her ear, beginning to dial a number.

"Yeah, I'm Chris Brown. I'm here because my girlfriend, Savannah Underwood, she works as his assistant. Just found out she's pregnant and I need to discuss that with him. It's urgent." She nodded her head.

"I see. One second."

"All right." I stood patiently and she waited patiently for the man to pick up his phone.

"Mike? Yes, there's a Chris Brown here to see you. He says it urgent; it's about your assistant," I watched as she nodded her head a few times as he spoke. "Will do."

"Well?" She took a deep breath while hanging up the phone and looking back at me.

"He's available luckily. You know, he doesn't usually meet to discuss things with people outside of the work industry but since it's about his assistant, he's making time. He says you've got ten minutes. He'll be down in a minute, just head over to the first meeting room down that hall," She pointed around the corner and I made my way there with a smile.

The nigga better make time to talk with me.

"Mr. Brown." The man said walking in with a smile on his face. I smiled back, fixing my tie.

"That's me."

"You're not here to argue with me again are you?" I shook my head and we both sat down at the long table across from each other.

"Didn't even want to argue with you the first time, Mike."

"Then why are you here?"

"Listen. Savannah, she's my one and only priority. I really care about this woman so of course, I'm going to be pretty protective over her. Especially when it comes to other people doing things towards her."

"She's my assistant. She works for me. I'm going to push her for the better of this company, Mr. Brown. I'm very grateful that she's working her, she's one of the best. So when I'm yelling at her and even making her do extra things, it's not punishment. She gets paid extra for those things and I might need her help at times."

"I get that. But she's stressed out, it's a health problem for her right now. Not only that but we just found out that she's pregnant. Which makes this even more of a health problem. And some of her stress is coming from work. All I'm asking for is that you be a little easier on her for a while. Until things get better."

I'm stressed out too. All this baby talk, work, getting back on my feet from leaving the Air Force is a lot to take in. I'm still trying to recover mentally from seeing the things I'd seen while in the Air Force. But right now, I'm going to do all that I can for Savannah and her stress. For her and the baby. She has some support from people in her life but not a lot. She's not getting the support from the people who you'd expect would be there for her the most. Her mom and even my parents. They're not here for either of us. So I'm doing all that I can so we can both get through this.

"She's pregnant?" Mike asked.

"Yes." He chuckled.

"Really? How many weeks? Can't be a lot."

"Almost eleven. She's barely showing, but that's not the point. I need to know you're going to not stress her out more than she already is right now."

"Her job here at my company is already a lot to deal with. But I guess I'll try to make things a little easier for her."

"It's not going to affect anything is it?"

"As far as what?"

"How much she's being paid."

"No. She's still going to be working the full amount of hours she needs to. And if she wants to work overtime, which she usually does, I'm not going to stop her." I nodded my head getting up from the table.

"But I will. It was nice talking to you, Mike." I smiled, reaching my hand out for him to shake.

"You too."