Day #50

Savannah Underwood

"What are you up to?" I asked Chris as we walked through the beach house. 

The entire house was covered with roses, champagne, candles were lit and romantic scents filled my nose. The lights were dim in every room, the windows were wide open and when you looked out them, you could see nothing but the ocean that was shimmering under the moonlight. 

"We haven't really had time to ourselves. Trying to get back on the right track when we got back together and then you got pregnant with Audrey and there was just so many things to do for when she was born. And then me having to find a new job, we moved. It was just a lot but no actual time for just me and you."

"That's true, baby." I agreed.

"Which brings us to now." He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him before giving me a wet kiss. "I wanna go further than just having sex with you tonight." He whispered in my ear. 

"What do you wanna do, baby?" I whispered back. But before he could give me an answer his phone beeped. He pulled it out and looked at the text he had just got. It was from an unsaved number.

"Why the hell is she texting me?" He said wrinkling his face up at his phone.

"She?" I snatched the phone out of his hand and distanced myself from him on the other side of the room.

"Savannah, wait."

"Jasmine? How does this bitch have your number?" I asked holding his phone up.

"My number has been the same since grade school. But I didn't even know she still had the number, baby."

"Oh don't baby me. Did you give this to her? When you saw her at the store a while back?"

"What? No, I didn't."

"I don't know how I feel about all these women texting you. She's not the only one, Chris. Your co-workers, acquaintances, like it's a lot of women in your phone everyday."

"For work, baby."

"No, Chris! They wanna see what's in your pants! Are you stupid?"

"Are you stupid? 95 percent of the people you text in your phone are dudes!"

"You know that's not true." He chuckled.

"Yeah, okay. I got no shit to hide from you anyway so you go ahead and block all those women if you want to. Do what you wanna do with your petty ass. Always doing extra shit! I'm a grown ass man, Savannah. In a relationship with you or not, you're gonna remember your place at the end of the day. I don't need you watching over my back all the time, I don't need you worrying about me or the women I talk to like I'm gonna cheat on you or something. I'm not gonna cheat on you! I would never, especially now that we have a kid involved. And I'm not about to jeopardize her future just cuz her mama acting dumb for no reason. Back off, Savannah! I ain't never gonna marry you as long as you got that nasty ass attitude and no trust for me!"

His words hit me like a thousand needles. 

"That's how you feel?" I asked getting teary eyed.

"I just don't get how you expect anything to work when you don't trust me." 

"It's not that I don't trust you. But you're mine and all these women, damn like I don't know. Excuse me for-" 

I didn't even know what to say. I couldn't get my words out. But I know I'm not in the wrong for being bothered by so many women in his phone. If he let me handle it, he could handle it in my phone too. He didn't have to take it so far.