Day #36

Savannah

"How are things going anyway?" Jocelyn asked me over the phone referring to Chris moving in with me.

"He's still adjusting but he gets more comfortable everyday." I said.

"That's so good, I'm so happy you two got back together. And I know y'all will last. I can feel it." I chuckled.

"I really hope so."

"What was up with you, you know a couple weeks ago when I had called you that night. You hung up so suddenly. I would have asked sooner but I wasn't sure if-"

"I was just sad that I had that miscarriage. I know I'm so young and there's so much time to try again and I wasn't ready but being pregnant is so... carrying a life that Chris and I made together. I was excited."

"Do you want to try again?"

"Of course I do, Joce. Just not now, not yet."

"I understand. Does Chris know this?"

"We talked about it the same night but, I haven't had the chance to tell him that I've decided to just wait it out until the time is right. I haven't had that opportunity yet but I plan to when he gets home."

"Well, I'm sorry you had to go through that, Savannah. I can't imagine how hard that must've been and I'm not going to pretend to to make you feel any better. But just know I'm here for you. You've got a lot of support from not just me, but Kj and especially Chris. Ok?"

"Thanks, Jocelyn."

"And don't hesitate to talk to me. I'm a good listener." I giggled.

"Savannah?" I heard Chris say from the elevator. I haven't seen him all day, I was excited to see him.

"He's home, he's home! I gotta go, I love you. Bye!" I quickly hung up the phone and tossed it to the side, jumping off the couch and running towards the elevator. When I saw you Chris I literally jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Whoa there, girl." He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I missed you too." I looked up at him and pecked his lips over and over and over.

"I love you." I said continuing to kiss him.

"And I love you. Why can't I get this greeting when I come home everyday?"

"Cuz most days I'm the one coming home to you."

"That's true." He chuckled and kissed me again.

"Listen. I've been thinking about the whole baby thing and I think it's best we wait it out."

"Really?"

"I don't want to rush you into anything you aren't ready for."

"But if you're ready, baby, I'm ready too."

"I don't think I am. I just like the thought of having a family with you. We'd have a beautiful family, Chris."

"Yes we would." He smiled.

"And that's worth waiting for. For now let's just focus on us." I climbed out of Chris's arms.

"That is fine with me. How about you get on birth control?" I looked at Chris weirdly as we walked to our room.

"Birth control?"

"Yeah."

"Since when did you ever fear of me getting pregnant?"

"It's not that I fear you'll get pregnant. But we've been having a lot of sex lately. You can't even deny that." I rolled my eyes.

It's true. I guess it's because we live together now, but Chris and I have sex almost every morning and every night. Sometimes before breakfast, after breakfast, in the shower, getting dressed, making dinner, eating dinner, after dinner. Just a lot. It's kind of overwhelming but I'm not complaining.