Day #55

Savannah

Jocelyn and I made our way into a wedding gown store. It was about that time where Chris and I started planning for our wedding. We didn't have a set date or anything but we've wasted a whole month and a half after the proposal so we decided to start working. I wanted to save the dress shopping for last but I see it out to be the best part about planning a wedding so I couldn't help myself.

"How you feeling?" Jocelyn asked me as I looked around nervously.

"Nervous."

"Why?" I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Cause I don't know what I'm getting myself into, Jocelyn." She gave me a blank look before one of the workers had walked up to us.

"Hello ladies." The woman said with a smile.

"Hi." Jocelyn and I said together.

"I'm Lauren. Who might be the bride to be?" Jocelyn took a step back and pointed at me.

"This one." She said.

"Great what's your name?"

"Savannah."

"Well, Savannah, I'd be happy to assist you today to make this a little less stressful and enjoyable. Finding the perfect wedding dress is supposed to be fun."

"Thank you."

"Would you two like some champagne while you look?"

"How much is that gonna cost?" Jocelyn asked her.

"It's on me today just because Savannah here seems a bit worried. It's normal."

"Free champagne?" Jocelyn asked.

"Yes." She giggled. "Take a look around a bit and make your way to the dressing rooms. The champagne will be waiting there." With that the woman had walked away from us.

"Don't let me go over board, Savannah. I'm getting too excited about it." She said. I was half way there and half way not though, so many things were running through my mind.

"What?" I said turning my attention back to her.

"Are you okay?"

"No I'm not."

"Why are you so worked up? I thought you were excited to be marrying Chris."

"Well yeah. But then it actually happens."

"Look, I know you're nervous because life is hitting you so quickly. You have a daughter and you're engaged at such a young age. But babe, you're blessed. And everything happens for a reason."

"You're right. I just need to calm down." She nodded her head and we began looking around the store for dresses that would suit me.

Not gonna lie, it was the hardest decision ever. I didn't know where to start or how to actually look for a dress. We ended up grabbing a few though with the help of Lauren. After that we went to the dressing room so I could try them on.

I went into the dressing room and stripped out of all my clothes. I nervously looked at myself in the mirror and felt my hands begin to shake as I slid the dress on.

"Calm down." I told myself. I took a few deeps breaths and adjusted the dress on my body. It fit so perfectly.

"You look stunning." Lauren had said as I walked out the dressing room for them to see. When Jocelyn saw me, she stood up with her glass of champagne with a huge smile on her face.

"Savannah." She said. I laughed.

"Well? Do you like it?" Lauren asked me. I looked at myself in the mirror again at different angles.