Day #40

Chris Brown

"I cannot wait until you are out of my stomach!" Savannah yelled carefully climbing into the bathtub. I helped her.

"Calm down, babe." I chuckled.

"I never thought being pregnant would be this hard. But shit, was I wrong. It gets harder everyday, Chris."

"Does it?"

"My back. My poor back. It hurts everyday. And my damn ankles are swollen and my feet and my lips. I probably look like a fucking... I don't even know. I just know I look stupid with my lips like this." I looked at her and she began to cry.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm ugly and in pain." I laughed and grabbed her face to kiss her.

"You are not ugly. You are beautiful. Your beautiful pregnant lips. I love them. And I'm here to make the pain not so painful. I'm here to take care of you. And if you're taking the medication like you should, it shouldn't be so bad.

"Fuck the medication." She hit the water with her hand.

This is probably the hundredth time Savannah complained about how the pregnancy has been treating her. And may I say, I have never seen her struggle as much as she has been as long as I've known her. She tries but we always end the day with her crying or not being able to go up the stairs or something. And I don't blame her. This isn't exactly her first ride but she didn't make it this far the last time. So I understand.

"I know it's hard, baby. But just think. In a few months the baby will be here and all this suffering will be worth it."

"You're right." She sniffled and I kissed her forehead.

"I'm proud of you. You've been doing so good." Before she could respond, the buzzer went off. "I'll be right back." I told her.

"Don't be gone too long." She said as I walked away. I went to the nearest buzzer and pressed it.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to bother you two but you have a visitor." The man said from downstairs.

"Who is it?"

"Mary Brown."

"Shit." I said under my breath. Why is she here, out of all times and all people. I probably won't be able to get rid of her either. "Tell her we aren't home."

"I can hear you." I heard her say from a distance. I rolled my eyes.

"Send her up."

"What was the call about, Chris?" Savannah asked from the bathroom.

"Mary's here." I said walking back into the bathroom.

"Mary?" I watched as Savannah attempted to get out the bathtub but I stopped her.

"No, no, no. You stay right here. I'm going to see what she wants but you don't get out the tub without me, Savannah."

"I can do it."

"Just wait, okay? For once." She smacked her teeth and turned away from me.

"Fine." I sighed and made my way downstairs to the elevator. She was already inside the house waiting for someone.

"What are you doing here?" I asked wiping my wet hands on my shirt.

"I went to your apartment but apparently you don't live there anymore. You live here, with Savannah?"

"For now. I plan to move us into a real house. I like the views and all the fancy and luxurious things but we need a house for when the ba-" I stopped myself.