Day #54

Chris Brown

"I'm gonna bring you some lunch." Savannah said as she changed Audrey's diaper on the couch. I nodded my head putting the dirty diaper to the side.

"And you plan on bringing the baby?"

"No, I'm taking her to Jocelyn's. I'm not on Maternity Leave anymore so we need to talk about finding her a babysitter or something so we can go to work and know she's being taken care of."

"Okay so we'll just keep taking her to Joce." Savannah looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"She's 22, Chris. She has a life."

"Kj got the girl not working, she's got plenty of time on her hands."

"Must be nice." I squinted my eyes at her.

"Ok Kj and Jocelyn don't have a kid to take care of, Savannah. We do! And I like a woman working hard for her shit just so you know." She rolled her eyes at me again and walked over to me taking Audrey out of my hands.

"I'm tired of you cussing around her. I told you about that." I blew my breath and stood to my feet.

"What time are you bringing the food, baby?" I asked disregarding what she had just did.

"Your lunch break obviously." I looked at her and chuckled.

"Your mouth today, man."

"What about it?" I suddenly wrapped my hands around her neck and pulled her towards me.

"You're gonna learn to control it."

"Oooh yes, baby. Put me in check." She bit her lip at me and I let go.

"You're a mess."

"I'm a mess?"

"You're my mess." I pecked her lips a couple times. "I'll see you later, mama. I have to go."

"I love you." I tried to pull away but she pushed my head back towards her face connecting our lips. I chuckled.

"I love you too, baby." I pulled away again and kissed Audrey's cheek as Savannah held her in her arms. "And I love you too, boo girl."

With that, I finally left for work.

Up until lunch, it wasn't too bad. It was busy enough for the time to go by quicker. I wanted my food but I also wanted to see my fiancé. And then after that, I'd want to go home.

"Mr. Brown?" A woman said knocking on my door.

"Chris. What do you need?" I asked motioning for her to come into my office.

"There's a new stack of documents you're supposed to go through before the end of the day. I was told to let you know."

"I'll get it done. Thank you." I looked away from her and she nodded her head about to exit my office but something stopped her and made her turn back around and look at me.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked sitting down in the seat in front of my desk.

"If it's not work related then no." She laughed nervously.

"I'm Destiny Spalding. I work on the third floor. I usually get the traveling tasks here at the company."

"Sounds fun." I blew my breath and crossed my arms looking at her. What did she want?

"I've seen you around the building a few times."

"Damn. I've never seen you. What a shame."

"Well I can understand that, I never found the courage to say something to you. You're a little intimidating."