Chapter LXIX- A Shrine Visit

Your POV

It's New Year!! Today is now January 1 and Nationals is finally on Saturday, January 5. The games will be held at Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, and I'm so excited.

Omi and I are planning to visit the shrine and pray for our games. The others will be visiting the shrines close to their houses, and only Shizune-senpai and the gang are coming with us.

I don't know why, but I somehow find it funny that the shrine that we're going to visit is named the Ushijima shrine. And Omi's gonna get reminded again that Ushijima-kun and his team won't be playing this year.

'Ding! Dong!'

He's here!

The doorbell rang and I was now ready to go. My parents are going out this morning since my mother's going for another monthly checkup.

The baby's expected on the next two months, and they still haven't decided what to name him. I told them Gin's a good name, and I hope they will name him that.

And last night, my parents kept asking me questions on how the date went, and why I was wearing a ring... And I was devastated at first that they might get mad at us, but they got surprised and they even said that he's a keeper.

I went to the door and opened it to see Omi, who had a gloomy face but lighten up when he saw me. I then locked the door and went outside.

"Good morning, Omi.", I said as I flashed him a smile and he returned it.

"Good morning, (Y/N).", he said as he then went to my side and held my hand.

"Ready to go?", he asked as I nodded my head.

The two of us then walked our way to the train station, with our hands intertwined. We talked about the usual like what happened last night, and so I told him about my parents reaction to the ring and he chuckled.

"I'm glad that they have nothing against us... The last time, I found it suffocating to breathe the same air as them.", he said and I grinned.

"Well at least they're now supportive of us! They even wished us the best of luck in the nationals!", I said and I could see that he's smiling underneath his mask.

"That's good.", he said as we then arrived at the train station a few minutes later.

As the train arrived, we then got inside the train and sat beside each other. The train travelled for about half an hour until we reached our stop.

As we got off the train, a very familiar rooster-head, with the pudding head beside him. His eyes met mine and he flashed me a smile.

"Oya?, Well if it isn't (Y/N)-chan~ and Sakusa?", he said as he then looked at Omi with a smile, or should I say a smirk.

"Oh hi, Kuroo-kun! And you're Kenma, right? I'm (L/N) (Y/N), it's nice to meet you!", I said as he slowly nodded his head and shyly looked away.

"Oi Kenma! No need to be shy~ And do a proper greeting!", Kuroo scolded Kenma as he then briefly looked at me.

"I-It's nice to m-meet you, (L/N)-san...", he said in a low voice and looked away, making me chuckle.

"Anyway, where are you off to?", I asked Kuroo as he then smiled which then turned to smirk as he averted his gaze to Omi.

"Oh we're now on our way home actually. We just visited the shrine so that we could beat you.", he said with his signature grin as Omi twitched his eyebrows.

"Eh? We're just on our way to the shrine.", I said as I then felt an arm wrapped around my waist, and I looked up at Omi who was glaring at Kuroo.

"Yeah, and now we're going. Let's go, (Y/N).", he said as he glared at Kuroo who just smirked at him.