Chapter XVII- The Letter

Your POV

The whole morning, Sakusa and I have been avoiding each other. When I tried to look at him, he would look away, totally avoiding my gaze.

Was it because of what happened yesterday? If that isn't true then why was he avoiding me? That incident left me mortified. It would probably be the worst moment of my life.

When I was on my way to school, it seems that I arrived earlier than him. I then saw Shizune-senpai who just went out of her house, so we walked to school together.

I told Shizune-senpai about it, and she just teased me about it, telling me that I like him and I just kept on denying it. That made things worse.

I might end up falling for him, or maybe I already did. If only I haven't blurted out that stupid phrase things would remain normal.

She even teased me that we would end up admitting our feelings to each other, go out, get married, blah blah blah. I can't believe this!

I should give Sakusa an explanation later. I hope he won't mind it after that. I just want things to be normal again but at the same time I want to be with him all the time.

'Beep! Beep!'

My phone buzzed to see that I received a message from Shizune-senpai. Please don't let it be another teasing.

•••••

Todoroki-Senpai: Yo (Y/N)!!! I was on a hurry so I left the manga you wanted to borrow in your locker. The plot was interesting and I bet you'll like it! 😁😁😄

Me: Thanks Senpai!!!! May you and Shouto live a happy life!!! 😭

After I replied, I waited for class to end then immediately ran to the locker room and went to my locker. When I opened it, my eyes were gleaming in excitement when I saw the manga.

As I grabbed it, I noticed an a white envelope with a heart stamp in the corner of my locker. I was curious what it is so I also grabbed it then realized that it was a love letter.

What??!?!

Who placed this here in my locker? Maybe he placed this by mistake. And just when did I gain myself a secret admirer in the school campus?!!?!

No, someone is just pulling a prank on me! But who? My first suspect would be senpai. Or maybe it's one of those crazy fangirls of Sakusa? That would probably be scarier.

I was about to throw it away when guilt took over me. I feel bad for the person who put it in my locker if I didn't even read this letter. So, I opened it then read the paper inside it carefully.

——

'Dear (L/N)-san,

         I like you for a while now and I cannot stop thinking about you. Please meet me at the Wakamiya Park this 6:00 P.M.

                           Sincerely,
                Your Secret Admirer~'

——-

So it really is a love letter. But how did he knows that I live in Wakamiya Area? A neighbor perhaps?

I wonder who he is.

Suddenly, a certain germaphobe's image popped in my mind. I was blushing madly and there's no way that it could be him, right?

But why on earth does this handwriting so familiar. Have I seen it somewhere before? And the kind of pen used is also familiar.

I then remembered that the manga was also in the locker before. So it's just a prank senpai pulled on me.

'Beep! Beep!'

I opened my phone and speaking of the devil, I received a message from her. She said that she's at the cafeteria and brought the bento she promised me the last time.

It's still lunch break so I dashed to the cafeteria then spotted Shizune-senpai, Komori and Sakusa in the same table. I went to them then handed the letter to senpai.

" Oh, what's this?", she asked dumbfoundedly as I kept my eyes on her.

"Come on, please do pull pranks on me senpai~", I said in sarcasm as she shook her head.

"It wasn't me, I swear. Nothing except your outdoor shoes were inside the locker when I put it there", she exclaimed which shocked me.

"Then who placed it there?"

"I dunno. Probably some secret admirer of yours"

"Then care to explain why this handwriting is so familiar", I shoved the letter in front of her face as she eyed it then laughed.

"Hahaha! That is absolutely not my handwriting. We may have similarities in the strokes but it's totally different from mine", she laughed as she then grabbed it then handed it to Komori.

"Yeah, it's definitely not yours. I can see the difference", Komori said which made me not doubt senpai anymore.

"So, are you going or not? Don't let the poor boy's feelings hurt by not showing up", Shizune-senpai said as I sighed. She's right, I should at least go there to confront him.

"I think you're right. Besides, my house is just near the park so there's nothing to worry", I said.

I looked at the empty seat beside Sakusa and I reluctantly sat down beside him. We didn't even fight so why are we avoiding each other like this?

The two of us just ate in silence as the other two were talking about anime and stuffs. This is getting awkward.

" Hey why are you two so quiet? Did something happen?", Shizune-senpai asked teasingly which made me flustered. I shouldn't have had her as my confidant.

I looked beside me from the corner of my eye to see Sakusa calmly eating his soup like he didn't heard anything. His face was quite red probably because of the hot soup he's eating.

I guess I'm suffering from a one-sided lovesickness.

———————————————————————

Shizune POV

Timeskip

After practice, everyone already went home except for me and Komori. We were eating in 8-Eleven and still have something to talk about since it would be risky to talk earlier.

"So, did you put the letter in his locker?", I asked Komori with a smug look as he grinned at me. I ordered him to put a letter in Sakusa's locker before I'll put a letter in (Y/N)'s.

"Yeah! By the way, what's inside the letter?", his question made me snicker then I told him about it.

"WHAT?!!?! Are you insane?!! How could you do that?!!?!", his reaction was priceless and I was laughing out loud.

"Told ya I'm doing it", I grinned as he just sighed. An idea came into my mind.

"Nee~ Komori.. How about let's tail them?", I suggested as he sweatdropped.

"You know they're gonna kill if they'll find out, right?"

"Yeah, good point but I wanna see them~"

"We should let them be. If Sakusa finds out that the letter is forged, he'll probably chase us in eternity with an insecticide"

" Urgh. Fine"

"You think Sakusa's gonna do it this time?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. (Y/N)-chan told me everything which means they're into each other without knowing it", I smirked.

"You saw their reaction earlier during lunch, right? I just teased them a little and then they were red as tomato. Hahahaha!", I said and the both of us laughed.

Great. I'm so excited to hear about it tomorrow! I wish I was there to watch them. I should've put a bugging device in them so I could eavesdrop.

                        To be continued,