Chapter XI- Operation: Doki Doki

Komori POV

'Nice Kill!'

Sakusa spiked the ball straight in he line as the practice match ended in favor of our team. As I thought, every time we scored a point Sakusa would steal glances of (Y/N).

(Y/N) handed him his water bottle which was new. I just noticed that he allowed her to fill his bottle a while ago, which he usually did it by himself since he's afraid that it won't be cleanly filled. Now this is getting interesting.

As I walked to the sidelines, Shizune-senpai approached me as she handed me a water bottle. She theme eyed the two then looked at me.

"Well, will you look at that? The next thing will be seeing this, they will become a real couple", she said as I nod my head.

"Yeah, he even let her fill his  personal water bottle. And every we scored a point he would take a quick glance at her without her noticing", I said in a low voice so that no one could hear us.

"However, I think that (Y/N)-chan didn't held some feelings for him", she said as I nod in agreement.

"Yeah, I think so too", I said as we then looked at each other. She seemed to be grinning at me while wiggling her brows.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?", she said which made me confused.

"What?", I said dumbfoundedly as she snickered.

"How about let's play Cupid instead of detectives?", she chirped happily as I then thought that it would be a great idea.

"That would be splendid!", I said as we high-fived.

"Well, I can't believe that he's actually in love~", she snickered making me laugh. That's true. I've never seen Sakusa acting like this before.

"Yeah, me too", I nodded my head as she swung an arm over my neck.

"How about let's start later. You take care of Sakusa while I will tend to (Y/N)-chan"

"Of course. I'm his closest friend after all"

"Now it's settled. I hereby name this operation 'Doki Doki'!"

"Ehh??? Why that? It sounds cheesy"

"Well, as what most shoujou manga were, Doki Doki is used when they fall in love~", she said as I sweatdropped. (A/N: Doki Doki is the onomatopoeia of a heart beat in Japanese)

"Sure...Let's go with that one", I said before going to the locker room to change.

———————————————————————

Timeskip

After all of us are now ready to leave, I invited the two soon-to-be couple to grab something to eat in 8-Eleven.

Shizune-senpai dragged (Y/N) with her as I remained behind with Sakusa. They seemed far enough that we can't hear what they're talking about and that is the cue. The operation starts now.

"Nee, Sakusa~ I have something to tell you", I beamed as I always did, but it sounded like a blackmail if one would thought.

"What?", he said as his eyes were still glued to the front. I leaned closer to his ear for a whisper.

"You like her, don't you?", I whispered while smirking as he stopped in his tracks then looked at me with a scowl.

"What do you mean by that?", he said as I chuckled. He sure didn't want to admit it.

"Well, you've been acting quite strange lately and you always stole some glances of her", I pointed out as he looked away with a tsk then kept on walking.

I matched up with his pace and saw that he was now scowling. I bet he's blushing behind that mask of his.

"I know you have some feelings for her. I can help you with that"

"Tch.... How?", he finally admitted as I smirked deviously.

——————————————————————-

Shizune POV

"Nee nee, (Y/N)-chan~ Have you ever liked someone?", I asked while I playfully nudged her sides as she looked at me blushing.

"W-What kind of question is that, senpai?"

"Just answer the question"

"..Well, I used to like someone since we're in middle school, but now we're only friends", she said while lowering her head to hide her red face.

"Then, is there someone you like now?", I asked as she then looked at me waving her hands in disagreement.

"Uhm. There's no one actually", she said making me sighed.

Poor Sakusa, having a one-sided crush of his first love.

"Then, is there someone who is closest to your liking?", I asked as she then thought of it for a while then smiled at me.

"Well, Komori's very nice to me actually", she said making me laugh in my head. I won't tell them about this.

"So what do you think of the boys in the team?"

"Uhm.. Iizuna-senpai's very nice, the boys were also nice and... Sakusa.. erm-

"What about him?"

"W-Well, he used to be scowling and ignoring me. But he suddenly changed, which made me glad", she said with a soft smile.

Great. He still has a chance.

"But why are you asking these questions senpai?", she looked at me suspiciously as sweats were now visible in my face.

"Well, since were friends, we should try to get to know about each other more. And girl talks were pretty much normal", I nervously said though it's a lie.
She then looked at me wiggling a brow while smirking.

"Now that I told you mine, how about yours senpai?~", she teased as my mind was in deep thought.

To be honest, I have a liking to Iizuna-kun since second year.
But there's no way I'll tell her about Iizuna-kun.

I motioned for her to come closer as I then leaned into her ear. "It's Todoroki Shōto", I said as she just giggled.

"As expected from an otaku", I deadpanned.

"Of course, he's my husbando after all", she proudly said with a big smile.

"Yeah yeah"

———————————————————————

Sakusa POV

"And then you'll ask her to be yours. The end!", Komori said after finishing explaining his tips as I just nodded. His plans might work.. but.. It's just embarrassing to do it. And I think I'm not ready for it yet.

These past few days, I was glad that I was able to speak to her more. And I want to be with her more often. Even our walk home together was not awkward anymore.

We just followed behind Shizune-senpai and (L/N), they seemed to have a long talk. I have a feeling that senpai and Komori were into this. Just what are these two up to?

                        To be continued,