Chapter XXXVII- Country Aces

Your POV

The match between Shiratorizawa and Itachiyama is about to begin. The atmosphere became much more intense when both teams stepped inside the court.

Now this is a game worth looking forward to. Especially when both team each had one of the top three aces of the country, it's interesting to see who will win.

But then Sakusa's not the only eye catcher from Itachiyama. There's also Komori, who is the best high school libero in the country. However, this is my first time seeing these two teams fight so I don't know much, though my bet is on Itachiyama of course.

Now that they already shook hands with each other, and except for Sakusa of course, the match will begin. The first one to serve is number 4 from Shiratorizawa, the one who looks like Benkei.

"Reon. Nice Serve!!"

The Reon guy served the ball and it directly went to Komori, who cleanly receives it as it goes to Iizuna-senpai and then came Sakusa. Two blockers were in front of him as Omi spiked the ball.

The blocker with the number 5 jersey, Tendo was it?, was supposed to be a one touch. However, his strong rotation blew the blocks away to the outside, thus earning the first point.

"Good job, Sakusa!!"

Ushijima was now in the front as he and Omi were smirking to each other. So they must be rivals huh? Well, this is going to be a battle of the country aces after all.

It is now Itachiyama's turn to serve and the one's who's serving is Samatoki-senpai, who wore the number 2 jersey. (A/N: most of the members of Itachiyama weren't named, so I just made it up ✌️)

He did a jump serve as the ball went to Shiratorizawa's number 8, the guy with the bowl cut. Their setter went for it as he then tossed it high up in the air.

"Ushijima-san!"

Ushijima then jumped and to me he seems to be flying in mid-air. He then spiked the ball with his left hand as he strongly hits it to the left direction where Kujo-senpai, who wore the number 4, is guarding.

Kujo-senpai is in a good position to receive it. However, the ball was heavy to lift it up and it spun to the left direction. For a moment, I thought that Ushijima's strong spike would break their arms. I hope Omi will be okay.

"Eeepp! That's one hell of a spike!!", Shizune-senpai said with a scared expression in her face. I could see Omi smiling as the game went on.

We focused our attention on the entire match and they were always tied up, overtaking each other again and again. Now it's a set point for both teams and I'm getting quite nervous.

"Goshiki. Nice serve!!"

Shiratorizawa's number 8 who's named Goshiki is now serving. He did a jump serve as the ball went to Komori again, and he received it cleanly then made way for Sakusa to do a back row attack, and he successfully did it, thus winning the first set.

The second set is about to begin and Fukuroudani came back along with some of the members from Kamomedai inside the gym to watch the match. I heard that the losers' penalty is to run around Shiratorizawa's insanely huge track field 5 times per loss.