Chapter XIV- Jealousy

Third Person POV

It is the first time Sakusa felt this angry against another man. When he saw that (Y/N) ran then hugged the person named Kazuya, he felt his blood boiled and wished that he was the one in that position.

He also felt disappointment in him when the Kazuya person and (Y/N) called each other by their first names, whereas he and (Y/N) always used their last names.

At this moment, he felt a pang in his heart which he has never experienced before, and knew that this is what they called jealousy.

Shizune noticed his stern face and dark atmosphere around him. She smirked and decided to tease him with lies.

"Oh it's Kazuya.", she said as Sakusa looked at her.

"You know him, senpai?", he said while his brows were twitching in annoyance as Shizune gave him a fake smile.

"Yeah, we're close friends but he's much more closer to (Y/N) since they knew each other since childhood. Why do you ask?", Shizune innocently asked though she wanted to smirk.

Sakusa could feel his heart aching more and it really pained him. He was thinking that the two might end up together.

Meanwhile, Shizune was internally laughing since she lied that Kazuya was (Y/N)'s friend, but her cousin. Komori dragged Shizune to the back as they talked.

"Are they childhood sweethearts?", Komori asked with a concerned look in his face.

He was worried of Sakusa since he became suddenly gloomy. Shizune just laughed which confused him.

"Pfft.. No, they're actually cousins. I didn't specified their relationship so that I could see Sakusa's reaction", she said as Komori sweatdropped.

"You know, I think he's very jealous. He kept glaring daggers at the Kazuya person.", he retorted as Shizune chuckled.

"Yeah, trust me. I know what I'm doing. I did that on purpose so that he will realize that he has a love rival, which isn't really true. That way, he will try harder to get to her",

"... Oh yeah. That's a good point"

"We just let him be then ask (Y/N)-chan himself about her relationship with Kazuya"

"Yeah, that would be the best"

After Shizune and Komori talked in the back, they went back to the front then Shizune went to Kazuya. Komori looked to see that Sakusa wore a pained expression in his face, which indicates that he's extremely jealous.

"You okay Sakusa?", Komori asked enthusiastically so that he could cheer him up.

"..."

Sakusa said nothing as he ducked his head. Komori is getting worried but they have to stick with the plan. They believed that this will work out.

Since Sakusa was drowned in his thoughts of jealousy, he didn't heard Kazuya told his teammate that (Y/N) was his cousin for they were also quite far from them.

And now he was thinking. He should've confessed to her her already before someone will steal her away from him.

He wanted her to know that he likes her so much that he always kept thinking of her.

After Shizune was done talking to the baseball player, she went back to the others then went to the mall. Komori and Shizune looked at Sakusa who was walking like a dead.

"You think he's gonna be okay?", Komori whispered to Shizune so he wouldn't hear.

"I think you should give him some advice", Shizune nudged his side as Komori helped in pain.

"Gahhh! Okay okay!", Komori said as he walked to Sakusa's side.

"Yo!! Sakusa!! You okay there?", Komori asked as he waved his hand in front of Sakusa's face, yet he still looked blank and didn't respond. Komori got closer to his ear to whisper.

"You're jealous of that guy, aren't you?", when Komori put emphasis in the word 'jealous' then saw that Sakusa twitched his eyebrows, the atmosphere became gloomier.

"I. Am. Not", Sakusa responded which made Komori smirk.

"Yes, you are"

"I am not"

"Then why are you acting like that? Just admit it", Komori said as Sakusa sighed.

"Yes", Sakusa mumbled as Komori chuckled. It's the first time he's seen Sakusa's acting like this.

"Now that you've got yourself a rival, you should get to her first", Komori said as Sakusa looked confused.

"..What do you mean?"

"I mean that you should make a move on her before she gets taken away by that guy. Go confess to her", Komori explained though he knew that it's funny to have her cousin as a love rival.

Sakusa was blushing madly underneath his mask at what Komori said and thought that it would be the best thing to do now that he had a rival. He should confess to her before she gets taken away by that Kazuya guy.

He planned to do this later when they will go home together, and hoped that the  bastard won't interfere them.

If only they didn't go to the gate the same time the baseball team from Seidou came, (Y/N) should be with him right now, buying a new pair of shoes for the Spring High Preliminaries, which he would consider as a date to him.

———————————————————————-

Timeskip

After they went to hang out, Sakusa was waiting outside the gate for (Y/N). He didn't buy a new par of shoes since he wanted to shop with (Y/N).

It was no the usual time they would go home together but (Y/N) was not yet here. A while ago, he texted her if she would want to walk home with him, and she replied yes.

He has to build up the courage to confess to her or else she will get taken away. He doesn't want his first love to go wrong.

As he was waiting, he then saw (Y/N) and Kazuya hugging before saying their goodbyes. He felt his heart aching from the sight and tried to calm down.

(Y/N) noticed him so she approached him. He tried to regain his calm and collected composure.

"Took you long enough", he said in a low voice as (Y/N) bowed in apology to him.

"Sorry, Sakusa-kun. It's been a while since I saw him and I have missed him so much", she said as Sakusa can feel a pang in his heart at the last words she said.

"..W-what's your relationship with him?", Sakusa stuttered a bit though she didn't notice and (Y/N) looked at him.

"Oh, Kazuya?", she asked as Sakusa nod. He didn't want to hear her answer but he was eager to know.

"Well, he's my cousin actually", (Y/N) said with a smile as Sakusa looked blankly at her.

".... Your... Cousin?"

"Yes, he is my closest friend since birth", she said as the aching in his heart stopped and he feel relieved to hear that he's just a cousin.

However, tomorrow he will blackmail Shizune for playing with him. He can't believe that he took it seriously to the point he was fuming in jealousy. He was glad that he still had a chance with her.

(Y/N) then looked at her phone to see what time it was and it's already late. She then looked at Sakusa and said

"It's already late. Let's go home"

"Y-Yeah", Sakusa said as they then began to walk their way home.

                       To be continued,