Chapter XV- A Confession?

Sakusa POV

I was glad to know that he's just her cousin. I can't believe that I took Shizune-senpai's words seriously. I'm such an idiot for not realizing it.

Jealousy is pretty scary, isn't it? My heart hurts like I've been stabbed with a knife. I don't want to experience that again. It's just that I misunderstood things back there.

Who wouldn't assume things if a girl ran to a boy calling him with his first name then hugging him? And I haven't even heard what they were talking about from afar.

The aching in my heart is now gone and now it is beating so fast. I think I'm not ready yet. I don't know if she feels that way with me.

It's just three words but why is it so hard to say?

Do I really have to say it this night? I'm not prepared yet. I don't even know what to do after that. Does she feel the same way as I do?

———————————————————————
Your POV

Today is a great day for me. I finally met Kazuya for who knows how long. He grew taller and he built up some muscles in his body. He really isn't lying when he said he is my smart and handsome cousin.

We only meet each other on special family occasions or when we visit them in their prefecture. So we did some video calls sometimes.

I looked to my side to see Sakusa scowling. He wasn't like this earlier in the morning. Did something bad happen to him?

"Is something wrong, Sakusa-kun?", I asked as he gave me a quick glance then looked away.

"N-no, everything's fine", he stuttered which I found that he was lying. Just what happened to him. If I'll ask he would just glare daggers at me.

"..Okay", I just said as we continued walking.

After that, our walk to the train station was a silent one. This reminded me of when we started walking home together. It's been three months huh? The Spring High Preliminaries is almost near.

We arrived at the train station then went in together along with a huge wave of passengers, I forgot that there will be a lot of people in the train at this hour, and we just left school when it's already dusk.

We were pushed near the seats and there is only one vacant. An awesome image of Sakusa with a gloomy atmosphere popped in my mind, so I decided to give the seat to him.

"Sakusa-kun, you take the seat", I said as I was about to go behind him but he blocked me.

"No, you're a lady. You should take it. I'm fine", he said as I tried to move pass him. His scowl was telling me he isn't fine alright.

"But you hate crowds, right?", I asked as he looked at me.

"....As I said, I'm fine. Now go back and sit"

"But—"

"I said I'm fine.", he cuts me off with a louder voice as I just sigh then sat back. A while ago he was back to his old self and now he's being a gentleman.

It seems like I'll be home late this time. Hopefully my parents won't be home early cuz I'll be dead if they'll find out I'm walking home together with a boy these past months.

I felt Sakusa staring at me from above and when I looked at his direction, he would quickly look away, avoiding my gaze. I expected that he will glare at me for making him stand in a crowd.

I just shrugged it off as we waited for our stop. It really took us a long time to arrive since passengers keep getting in and out of the train, and Sakusa wore a gloomy aura.