Chapter XLII- Until The Next Time

Your POV

"I'm already taken.", I said as Ushijima stared at me.

"What do you mean by that?"

When he asked that, I forgot that he's a first-timer in love. So, I'll just have to put it into some simple words for him to understand. I can't believe I'm actually going to declare it.

"Well, what I meant by 'taken', was that I already have a boyfriend, Ushijima-kun. I'm sorry I can't return your feelings.", I said as he hung his head low.

"I see.", he said in a gruff and hurt tone and now I'm starting to feel guilty, but I have to do this.

"I'm sorry, Ushijima-kun.", I said as Ushijima looked at me.

"It's okay. I'm fine.", he said with a soft smile but I know that it's forced, and he's not really okay.

"Well, you don't look fine though. That's why I'm really sorry about it.", I said then bowed my head slightly as I then looked back at him.

He stayed silent for a while, as he then stared back into the fields from up here at the balcony. The two of us were coated with silence and none of us bothered to talk.

"I don't know why, but my heart somewhat hurts. I don't know how to stop it.", Ushijima suddenly said as he never left his eyes from the scenery.

"I'm truly sorry for making you feel that way, Ushijima-kun. I'm sure one day you'll meet the right person for you.", I said as he then locked eyes with me.

"But I'll don't think I'll ever feel the same with someone again.", he said as I let out a small chuckle, but deep down, it pains me to see him hurt like this.

"Don't worry, I'm certain about it. But I'm not the one for you. I'm sure you'll meet someone even better.", I said as he hummed as he gave me a soft smile then gazed back to the scenery.

Both of us stood there in silence, until I heard the balcony door opened.

"(Y/N). Are you he-", Omi paused as his eyes widened when he saw me with Ushijima beside each other.

Ushijima noticed him as he looked blankly at Omi, who later on had a visible scowl on his face despite that he wore his mask this time.

"Sakusa.", Ushijima said as he just looked at him with a blank face.

"Wakatoshi-kun.", Omi said as he eyed Ushijima then me then back at him.

"What brings you here, Wakatoshi-kun?", Omi asked with a brow raised, but I can clearly hear that his tone was displeased.

"I'm just taking a fresh air and a view of the scenery. She happened to be here and so the two of us talked for a while.", Ushijima plainly said as the both of them were staring at each other.

Ushijima then walked to Omi's direction as he stopped beside him. Omi was eyeing him with a glare as Ushijima then turned to look at him.

"I'll be taking my leave now.", he said as he then looked at me with a small smile.

"It was nice talking with you, (L/N)-san.", he said as he then walked towards the door then went out.

After Ushijima left the two of us here in the balcony, Omi then looked at me with a serious face as he walked towards me. Now I'm getting nervous since he saw me with Ushijima.

"So, what did the two of you talked about?", he said as I looked at him with a nervous smile.

"Just some irrelevant things. It's nothing to worry about.", I said as looked at me with whole seriousness.