Chapter XXXIX- Leaving A Mark

Third Person POV

[Earlier]

After Sakusa and Ushijima left the cafeteria, they went back to get their clothes first before going to the bath. Sakusa was okay with Ushijima joining him since he's clean unlike the others.

Sakusa went to the room assigned to them as he went to get his clothes and all of his disinfecting bathing products. He then grabbed his clean towel as he walked in the hallways to the bathroom.

After Sakusa got his, he went inside the changing room to take his clothes off, then wrapped a towel around his lower body as he then walked inside.

When Sakusa got inside the bathroom, he noticed that Ushijima was already there, soaking in the warm water. He then went into the water and soaked a meter away from him.

"Took you long enough.", Ushijima said with his eyes closed as he enjoyed the warm water.

"I just had to make sure to bring what I have to.", Sakusa said straightforwardly as he closed his eyes.

"I see.", Ushijima said as he was resting his eyes.

The two of them were enjoying the bath in silence as it relaxes their body from training. They were similar in some ways, but Ushijima isn't a germaphobe unlike Sakusa.

"So, (L/N)-san is your new manager right? The last time we saw each other it was only that third year as your manager.", Ushijima asked out of a sudden and Sakusa opened his eyes at the mention of his girlfriend.

"Yes.", he answered as Ushijima then opened his eyes and looked at him.

"So, how did you met her for the first time?"

"Well... It's on the first day of school in my second year and we happened to be seat mates, then coincidentally neighbors.", Sakusa said as he recalled the first time meeting her, and he was smiling to himself.

"So, how is she like?"

"Nee, Wakatoshi-kun. Have you ever heard of the Hyōgo's Vixen?", Sakusa asked as Ushijima stared at him then nodded his head.

"Yes, it's (L/N)-san. I've known about it since junior high school. We've actually met back then.", Ushijima said with a soft smile as Sakusa raised a brow at him, now getting curious about his friend's meeting with his girlfriend.

" How did the two of you meet and when?"

"It was four years ago during the nationals. Some guys were hitting on her so I warned them to stop what they're doing and they ran off without a second thought.", Ushijima said.

Sakusa's eyebrows were twitching when he heard that her girl is getting hit on. If only he had met her years ago, then he could've saved her from the flirts.

"Later at that moment, a huge wave of girls came looking for me as she then dragged me to a blind spot.", Ushijima said as Sakusa listened in every details on what he's saying.

"And at that moment, I think my heart was malfunctioning since it was beating so fast when I didn't even ran that much. It was a weird feeling.", Ushijima continued.

Sakusa's eyes widened at Ushijima's confession as he then thought about (Y/N). However, as much as he wanted to tell him that she's his girlfriend, he cannot since their secret would be revealed, knowing how much of a blunt person Ushijima is.

"S-So... You're telling me that you like her?", Sakusa nervously asked Ushijima as he nodded his head at him.

"Well then, I'll be heading out first. Have a good night, Sakusa.", Ushijima said as he stood up then walked out of the bathroom.