Chapter XXII- First Name Basis

Your POV

Sakusa and I just got out of the school campus then began walking to the train station. We walk side by side like usually did.

The two of us were walking in peace and silence. None of us bothered to strike a conversation so I just started one.

"You did great in practice back there, you know that", I said as I smiled at him.

"..T-thanks", he said as he then looked away, his ears red and smiled underneath that mask of his. I smiled at his reaction.

"So, did you tell Shizune-senpai about us? And here I thought our relationship is a secret", he asked as I just look at him.

"Well, she already figured it out that it would happen. And I just told her about it and don't tell to anyone... Although I think she already told Komori-kun", I said as he wore a shocked expression.

"She did what?", he scowled and I wave my hands to don't make him misunderstand.

"Uhmm.. Actually, the two of them were hooking us up. They're the one behind all of it", I said as I saw Sakusa scrunching his face in annoyance.

"Oh don't go hating on them for their ridiculous ways for hooking us up. After all, we're together now", I smiled at him as looked at me then sighed.

"Y-Yeah.. I suppose so", he said as our long walk to the train station continues.

Minutes later, we arrived in the station then went inside the train, sitting next to each other. Then I noticed that he was trying to fight his drowsiness, so I let him rest his head on top of mine.

He jolted then quickly retreated his head as he looked at me with tired eyes. That's what you get for impressing me back in practice.

"You should rest for now, our stop is still far.", I said as he forced himself to be awake.

".. No.. I'm fine like this", he said and I sighed at his stubbornness then I placed his head back on top of mine.

"Just rest. You're tired",I demanded as he then hummed, closing his eyes.

The ride was quite long and he was sleeping peacefully. He deserves a rest for now since he's the ace of the team. Despite being a germaphobe he really loves volleyball, doesn't he?

The train have arrived in our stop so I decided to wake him up. I don't really want to disturb his sleep but I had to wake him.

"Sakusa-kun, we're here", I said softly as he remained resting.

"Sakusa-kun?", I asked but still no response.

"Kiyoomi?", I said as I felt him move. His eyes were still closed as he rubbed them. He didn't even noticed me calling him by his first name.

He woke up as he opened his eyes then looked at his surroundings for a bit then at me. He then stood up as we then got off the train and walk our way home.

Since he was still drowsy, our walk was quite silent and but was peaceful with him by my side. Our houses were still far so I decided to talk to kill the boredom and time.

"That was quite a sleep you had back there isn't it, Sakusa-kun?", I asked him with a chuckle as he suddenly stopped in his track.

Oh no, was he sleepwalking since we got off?

"Sakusa-kun?"

"Say my name again", he said in a   low voice as he made me confused, so I just did what he asked.

"Sakusa-kun", I said as he then looked at me then shook his head.

"No... My first name", he said which made me blushed.