Chapter X- Something's Fishy

Komori POV

"Yo!! Sakusa!!", I said as I approached him. He seemed not to have noticed me so I put a hand in his shoulder. I felt him tense up as he looked at me scowling.

"Hands off. Komori", he said sternly as I quickly retreated my hand.

"Oh sorry!", I apologized since he doesn't like getting touched. Sakusa seems to be dozing off a lot lately, except when he's in practice.

"You seemed to be spacing out these days. Did something happen?", I asked as we walked to the cafeteria for lunch. He just ignored me as always, how cold.

When we arrived at the cafeteria, there were quite a crowd inside. I suddenly felt chilly as I looked to my side to see Sakusa getting gloomy. He absolutely dislikes crowds.

After we got our lunch in the tray, I scanned the area and saw Shizune-senpai eating with (Y/N)-chan in the same table. They were the only two occupying the table so I walked towards them, Sakusa following behind me.

"(Y/N)-chan!! Shizune-senpai!! Mind if we eat with you?", I asked as they nodded their heads. I sat beside (Y/N)-chan as slowly Sakusa sat beside Shizune-senpai while glaring at me.

What's his problem?? I didn't do anything to upset him, right?

We started eating as we talked about things, Sakusa was just eating in silence. Sometimes, I noticed him glaring at me again while he was eating, I just shrugged it off since he probably woke up at the wrong side of the bed.

"Nee (Y/N)-chan! Do you know who Noda Yojiro is, right?"

"Oh! The vocalist of Radwimps? Yeah, why?"

"Turns out that he and Taka have duets in some songs. You should listen to the, they're so cool!", I said enthusiastically as her eyes were glimmering in excitement. After all, we're music buddies!

"Ahhh, there you guys go again~", Shizune-senpai dramatically pouted as we just laughed.

"Speaking of Radwimps, 'Is There Anything Love Can Do'
had me crying cuz it's from Weathering With You", she said as we agreed.

As we continued talking, I noticed that Sakusa was stealing glances at (Y/N). Did something happen between them? I can't help but get suspicious.

"Gochisousama deshita!!!", we said as we then returned the trays.

After eating, class is about to start in 15 minutes. Shizune-senpai already went to her classroom as the three of us were heading to ours.

I was only a room away from theirs since I'm in class 2-3. How nice of them to be in the same class.

I was walking beside (Y/N) while talking about the usual stuff, and I can feel Sakusa radiating a dark aura behind us, but I was the only one who noticed. I can even feel his glares in my skull.

"Well then, this is my stop. See ya later (Y/N)-chan!! Sakusa!!", I waved as we arrived at the porch of my classroom.

Before I went inside the classroom, (Y/N) and Sakusa we're walking side by side while they were talking. It surprised me that Sakusa interacted with a girl and this intrigued me more.

Wait!

Don't tell me.

They're a thing??!?!

This kept confusing me more as I tried to put the pieces together. Ahh! So that's why Sakusa kept glaring at me with a scowl in his face the whole time! Now I get it.

I have to observe them more to get the answer. I will unravel the truth in this mystery I saw. Man I can feel the File of Young Kindaichi vibes in me.

———————————————————————

Timeskip

After class, I packed up my things to go to the gym for practice. As I went outside I saw (Y/N) and Sakusa walking together to the gym.

I'm actually tailing then hoping they won't get suspicious of me. I followed them as they went inside the gym, and a while later I showed myself so that they won't find out.

"Good afternoon everyone!", I beamed with enthusiasm and acted the usual.

"Oh Komori! What took you so long? Usually you're earlier in here than the others", Shizune-senpai asked as I sweatdropped. This is bad. Being late is not usual for me!

"Erm... I was actually looking for my earphones", I said as she looked at me while raising a brow.

"That's unusual for you to lose your earphones so spill the beans already", she said so I sighed in defeat. She's pretty quick-witted. I motioned her to come closer.

"Well the truth is, don't you find Sakusa weird lately?", I whispered so no one else could hear.

"For me, he's weird all the time", she deadpanned as she gave me a quizzical look.

"What I'm trying to say was that he's acting different to (Y/N)-chan lately", I said still whispering as she looked at me shocked, then turned to serious mode.

"So you too noticed it?", she asked as I nod.

"Usually, he keeps scowling at her and ignoring her. But lately, they became quite close don't you think? And he talks to her more than ever"

"Ah that.. You should probably watch more romance than action genres. To me, it's like a typical shoujou manga where a rude and mean boy falls for the heroine"

"Yeah, maybe you're right"

"Well you noticed that he's occasionally stealing glances of her. So I think that nothing happened yet", she said as she then sighed and said,

"Probably, he held feelings but didn't noticed it yet."

"Yeah, I should keep watch in them", I said as she looked at me annoyed.

"What do you mean by 'I'? It should be 'We'.. Well count me in", she said with a grin as I grinned back.

"Well then. I'm looking forward working with you, Detective Nagata"

"Same here, Detective Komori", she said as we did a handshake. We kept grinning like idiots, excited to dig for the truth.

"OIIII!!!! KOMORI!! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!!!!!", Yamada-sensei shouted which made me flinched.

"Sorry Coach!!", I said as I then looked back at Shizune-senpai.

"Let's continue later Shizune-senpai!", I said as I hurried to the court. Playing detective is actually quite nice.

To be continued,