Chapter LII- The Preliminaries

Your POV

Finally!

Today's finally the preliminaries and we're now on our way to Sumida City Gymnasium. I'm glad that no one is sick and all of them are in good shape.

Right now, Omi and I were sitting beside each other as usual while the bus travels. I wonder if any of our teammates already know about this secret relationship I have with Omi.. They didn't seem to notice it at all, and good thing we're safe.

Our game's going to start at 8:30 and the boys still have their time for warm-ups, as well as Omi since he's got his own routine. Some may find it very weird but he really cares for his super flexible wrists, that's why.

From what the records in our school had the past years, the teams that we should look out for is Fukuroudani Academy and Nekoma High School, also including Nohebi High.

I heard some bad rumors about Nohebi and they seem horrible. They say that the team plays the exact opposite of what their motto is saying... Fair and square, but rumors have it that they're playing dirty and sneaky.. Like what snakes would usually be.

And Seidou, they're just a normal team from what the records showed. But still, we shouldn't go underestimating enemies. I bet Kazuya and his team are roasting our school right now. Seems like we should also win this and go to the nationals.

After several minutes of riding the bus, we have arrived at the entrance of the gymnasium. And boy there are already some teams who arrived early.

As we got off the bus, we brought our things as we then headed inside the gym. The opening ceremony's gonna start soon and teams from other schools are now arriving. We're still going to wait for half an hour though.

We walked inside the gym and I noticed that I'm now walking with Shizune-senpai by my side. Now where did Omi went? I then remembered that the gym's getting packed as I searched my eyes everywhere until they landed in a corner.

And then there's Omi, leaning his back against the wall with a depressed and gloomy aura as he stood in the corner. I sweatdropped as I then walked towards his direction, but then a familiar voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"(L/N)-chan!!!!!!"

I turned around and saw Bokuto making his way towards me with a huge grin in his face as Akaashi followed him behind his back. I smiled at them then waved my hand.

"It's been quite a while, Bokuto-kun and Akaashi-kun.", I said as they smiled at me.

"Well, you're first game is in Court A, right? Man! I really want to see your team play but we're having ours in Court B!", Bokuto pouted as I was a bit surprised when they're also playing in the first game.

"Wait! You're also having it in the first game?!?!", I asked with excitement as Bokuto proudly grinned.

"Hmmm.. And what's more, were playing in the center court!", he beamed cheerfully as Akaashi chuckled.

"That's right, Bokuto-san. So we're going to do our best since we're at the center court.. And all eyes are going to be at you.", Akaashi said as he looked at me.

He smiled then gave me a wink from without Bokuto noticing it. And I know that his statement will boost up Bokuto's energy in the game, and I know he's hoping that he won't go into his emo mode during a match.

"Oho? Look who's here, well if it isn't Bokuto and Akaashi~", a male's voice, whom I think I already heard of from back then, said.