Chapter 25 What The Grade's Stand For

Chapter 25
(Year Five)

"She's been a WHAT?" said Harry loudly, i just read that Umbridge been an immediate success from someone on the paper because i asked to since i have nothing better to do, also it's about Dumbledore,
"Shush there's more" i said.
"---- an immediate success, totally revolutionizing the teaching of Defense Against the Dark Arts and providing the Minister with on-the-ground feedback about what's really happening at Hogwarts.' it is this last function that the Ministry has now formalized with the passing of Educationa Decree Twenty-three, which creates the new position of 'Hogwarts High Inquisition.' 'This is an exciting new phase in the Minister's plan to get to grips with what some are calling the "Falling standars" at Hogwarts,' said Weasley. 'The Inquisitor will have powers to inspect her fellow educators and make sure that they are coming up to scratch. Professor Umbridge has been offered this position in addition to her own teaching post, and we are delighted to say she has accepted.' The Ministry's new moves have received enthusiastic support from parents of students at Hogwarts 'I feel much easier in my mind now that i know that Dumbledore is being subjected to fair and objective evaluation,' said Mr. Lucious Malfoy, 41, speaking from his Wiltshire mansion last night. 'Many of us with our children's best interests at heart have been concerned about some of Dumbledore's eccentric decisions in the last few years and will be glad to know that the Ministry is keeping an eye on this situation.' Among those 'eccenric decisions' are undoubtedly the controversial staff appointments previously described in this newspaper, which have included the hiring of werewolf Remus Lupin, half-giant Rubeus Hagrid, and delusional ex-Auoro 'Mad-eye' Moody. Rumors abound, of course, that Albus Dumbledore, once supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, is no longer up to the task of managing the prestigious school of Hogwarts.'i think the appointment of the Inquisitor is a first step toward ensuring that Hogwarts has a headmaster in whom we can all repose confidence,' said a Ministry insider last night. Wizengamot elders Griselda Marchbanks and Tiberius Ogden have resigned in protest at the introduction of the post of Inquisitor at Hogwarts. 'Hogwarts is a school, not an outpost of Cornelius Fudge's office,' said Madam Marchbanks. 'This is a further disgusting attempt to discredit Albus Dumbledore.' (For a full account of Madam Marchbanks' alleged links to subversive goblin groups, turn to page 17)." i finished reading.
i look up to Harry, Ron, and Carly, who's sitting next to Ron,

"So now we know how we ended up with Bitch-face! (Ron roared with laughed) Fudge passed this 'Educational Decree' and forced her on us! and now he's given her the power to inspect other teachers!" said Carly. (Warning: Carly will cuss sometimes, or more then sometimes.... i just wanted to warn you all) "I can't believe this. it's Outrageous....." said Hermione.
"I know it is," said Harry and me in union. i look at my right hand to see my scar
I must not tell lies.
cared into my hand. i sigh and held that hand so nobody could see. i look up to Ron to see him grinning
"What? me, Harry, Hermione say at the same time.
"Oh, i can't wait to see McGonagall's inspected, Umbridge won't know what's hit her" said Ron.
"Well, come on," said Hermione, jumping up bring me with her, "We'd better get going, if she's inspecting Binn's class we don't want to be late...."

okay, so she wasn't in Binn's class, or in Snapes we're there now,

i was handed back my essay bout Moonstone and saw a A in the corner. i smile and fold it up and place it in my back pocket and went and sat next to Harry.

"I have awarded you the grades you would have received if you presented this work in you O.W.L," said Snape with a smirk, passing us and handing out our homework. "This should give you a realistic idea of what to expect in your examination."
Snape got to the front of the class and turned to us.
"The general standard pf this homework was abysmal. Most of you would have failed had this been your examination. i expect to see a great deal ore effort for this week's essay on the various varieties of venom antidotes, or i shall have to start handing out detentions to those dunces who get D's."
"some people got D's? Ha!" whispered Malfoy in a carrying whisper, Snape smirked at this,

Harry quickly slipped his grade into his bag "You got a D, did you" i whisper to Harry.
Harry didn't answer so i took this as a yes.

we started the potion i was doing a little good. my potion wasn't turguoise shade like Hermione but it was a different blue as Harry's and gladly it wasn't pink like Nevilles.

i grab a flask and put it in and deliver it to Snape.

"Well, that wasn't as bas as last week, was it?" said Hermione as we exist with Carly and we head to the Great Hall for lunch. "And the homework didn't go too badly either, did it?"
Ron, Harry, and Carly didn't answer i just shrug "I mean, alright, i din't expect the top grade, not if he's making to O.W.L. standard, but a pass is quite encouraging at this stage, wouldn't you say?" said Hermione.
Harry made a noncommittal noise, again i just shrug,
"Of course, a lot can happen between now and the exam, we've got plenty of time to improve, but the grades we're getting now are a sort of baseline, aren't they? something we can build on...." said Hermione. as we all sit, as i usual am next to Harry,
"Obviously, i'd have been thrilled if i'd gotten an O        "
"Hermione," said Ron sharply, "If you want to know what grades we got, ask."
"I don't        i didn't mean        well, if you want to tell me       "
"I got a P," said Ron, making Carly snort, "Happy?" "Carly grow up" i said.
"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," said Fred, who just appeared to my right with George, Lee, and Jamie.
and they sat down to my right. "Nothing wrong with a healthy P."
"But, doesn't P stand for....." said Hermione.
"'Poor,' yeah," said Lee. "Still better than D, isn't it? 'Dreadful'?"
i look over to Harry and his face turned a little red.
"So top grade's O for 'Ourstanding,' and then there's A       "
"No, E," said George correcting Hermione, "E fr 'Exceeds Expectations.' and i've always thought Fred and i should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."
we all laugh, except for Hermione, "So after E, it's A for A for 'Acceptable,' and that's the last pass grade, isn't it?"
So i'm 'Acceptable' to Snape? huh? he'll need to deal with me for 2 more years i thought.
"Yep," said Fred "Then you get P for 'Poor' "       Ron raised both his arms in mock celebration making Carly giggle       "And D for 'Dreadful.'"
"And then T," George reminded Fred.
"T?" asked Hermione, "Even lower than a D? what on earth does that stand for?"
"Troll," said George.
"Aw man!" groaned Carly, while Harry laughed.
"You got a T!" i gasped, "Who are you and what have you done to Carly"
Carly rolled her eyes "You remember the last time i tried to make something" said Carly.
Carly tried making boiled egg's when she was eight but she put Viniger (Sp?) instead and the egg turned out really funny, like you could see it without the shell clearly.