Chapter 55 Rosemary's Birthday Plan

Chapter 55

(Year Five)

"Oh Glideroy. you've got visitors! ——"I mutter to Ginny "Great, we're visitors," she giggled at me "—— How Lovely, and on Chirstmas Day too! Do you know, he never gets visitors, poor lamb, and I can't think why, he's such a sweetie, aren't you?" said the Healer.

"We're doing autographs!" Lockheart told the Healer and flashed her a pearly white smile. "They want loads of them, won't take no for an answer! I just hope we've got enough photographs!" I tune out the rest because I keep on thinking I'm invisible, I'm under Harry's cloak and I'm going to slip away when they leave to go find Fred, George, and Bill. until I heard the Healer say "....Not that he's dangerous! but," my eyes widen and Harry chuckled at me. the Healer lowered her voice so Lockheart can'thear "Bit of a danger to himself, bless him....Dose'n't know who he is, you see, wanders off and can't remember how to get back....it is nice of you to have come to see him ——"

"Um...we were actually going to...." Carly trailed off seeing how the Healer is smiling at her and couldn't say we're really going to go get some tea. and we follow the Healer and Lockheart.

"Let's not stay long," Ron said quietly. I nodded in agreement.

The Healer pointed her want at the door and muttered the charm to unlock it and the door swung open and she leads the way inside, keeping a firm grip on Lockhearts arm until she sat him down on a armchair beside his bed.

"This is our long-term resident ward," she informed us in a low voice. "For permanent spell damage, you know. OF course, when intensive remedial potions and charms and a big of luck, we can produce some improvement.....Glideroy does seem to be getting back some sense of himself, and we've seen a real improvement in Mr. Bode, he seems to be regaining the power of speech very well, though he isn't speaking any language we recognize yet.....well, I must finish giving out the Christmas presents, I'll leave you all to chat...." she left us I saw he had pictures of Lockheart himself signed the way Violet used to when she was five, two, and four and Lockheart was signing another batch of photo's while we all sat down it felt awkward for me because I only knew Lockheart for a little while.... she started talking while I ignored him along with everything around me the reason is because I have no clue what to do so I'm messing with a strand on my hair.

"And —— oh, Mrs. Longbottom, are you leaving already?" I heard a Healer say. My heart stops and my eyes widen and I spun around with Harry I saw a witch I've never seen in my life but one person I saw was Neville and I suspected he was visiting his insane, literally isane, parents....Ron has noticed this and before me or Harry could stop him he called "Neville!"

Neville jumped and crowered as though he was going to be shot but was narrowingly missed.

"IT's us, Neville!" said Ron brightly, getting to his feet. "Have you seen? Lockhart's here! Who've you been visiting?"

Shut up, Ron, I thought. I wanted to Neville out of this hell because this had to be upsetting him, nobody knows about his parents, I felt really bad...

"Friends of yours, Neville, dear?" said Neville's grandmother, smiling down at us.

Neville wasn't making eye contact and I was just standing here awkwardly  wanting to just grab Neville and run for it.... but what mae it more weird Neville's grandmother was looking very closely at me making me feel small....

"Ah, yes," said his grandmother, sticking out a claw like hand at me to shake. "Yes, yes, I know who you are, of course. Neville speaks most highly of you." I was shocked Neville has spoken of me to his grandmother I've never hung out with him before... "Oh...um, thanks," I said awkwardly, shaking her hand. Neville was looking to his feet his face deepening the color of purple. his Grandmother looked at Ron and Ginny "And you two are clearly Weasleys," Mrs. Longbottom continued, shaking Ron's and Ginny's hand, "Yes, I know your parents —— not well, of course —— but find people, fine people....and you two must be Hermione Granger and Carly William-Lord?"