Chapter 7

"Whoo hoy!" Sally cheers while her hands fist the air.

"What's up with you?" I ask as we walk toward the ice cream shop.

I lick my lips, craving for the taste of a banana split, already tasting the ice cream in my mouth.

"Nothing," she says, smiling.

"What's up?" I ask again, trying to urge her as she continues to just smile.

"Look!" Sally points to something in the inside of the shop, changing the topic with just her excited voice. I turn ahead, looking to where Sally's attention is. I see the little corner shop, through the expansion windows, spotting Alex and Tom in the midst of the crowd inside.

"Let's.." I start to say, but Sally is already running toward the door.

I shake my head, smiling as I walk closer to the door too. I enter the shop and it's packed, you can barely move without being pushed by someone and just like that I feel someone nudge me. Turning around, I see about ten people already at the entrance behind us, adding to the chaos of people in this ice cream shop.

It's quite amusing actually, funny to see so many people excited to get their ice cream. I'm about to mention this to Sally when I realize...

I've lost Sally.

Looking around, I stand on my tippy toes. It doesn't help though. I decide to just walk towards a blonde, maybe that's her?... and then a loud screech enters the air in the other direction and that's when I spot Sally.

"There you are!" I sigh in relief, turning around.

Sally jumps up and down in a spot where the crowd circles around it, making space without realizing it as the people chatter amongst themselves.

"What's up with you!?!" I demand more than ask this time.

Alexandra walks towards me and gives me a hug, letting the question fade and allowing Sally to continue jumping up and down.

Alex's brown hair is so fluffy and big, making her curls look bigger than usual as she envelopes me in a warm hug. When we break apart, I observe her outfit, a white blouse and a long flower skirt that goes down to her ankles.

She's very cute, as usual, and then I turn back to Sally who is standing, more like dancing, next to Tom.

Tom seems to have noticed that I looked their way because he waves at me.

I smile.

He looks away ... and I think I see a blush?

"Hurry up and order!" Sally commands while pushing me toward the counter, distracting me from my quiet confusion. Guiding me through the people, they curl around us, she makes space as she forces her way through.

"What's got you so excited?" I smile with her. She starts to giggle, making me do the same."What is it?" I ask, still giggling more like laughing now.

"Nothing," she says, exaggerating the word.

I shake my head.

"Come on...tell me."

But before she can answer...

"What can I get for you?" A man interjects with a formal face, standing on the opposite side of the counter.

"I'd like a banana split," I say with the same formal face.

"Okay," he answers, not noticing my mocking. Sally swats me. I continue doing this long formal face while he types down the order.

"And for you?" I ask Sally.

"Nothing." I give her a confused look, getting out of my recent attempt at mocking the guy in front of me.

"It's fine... I'm not hungry," she answers.

I nod.

When my order finally gets into my hands, we walk out of the shop.

"Wasn't it crowded?" Alexandra asks.

I nod.

They start talking as we walk in a random direction. I'm not paying attention, my lips are too focused on the ice cream, the taste, and my mind is just thinking about an ice cream land of banana splits. 'This is so good' I think as I lick and lick with such passion.

"Fuck!" Sally says, causing me to look away from my food, breaking the small paradise I was imagining.

"You ate that in five seconds," Tom interjects. I look down at my hands and find a half-eaten cone.

I laugh.

"I guess I did." I smile.

"Fuck!" Sally yells again, zapping our attention back to her while she looks at her phone. "The party... the fucking party is tomorrow!" She groans. Her happy mood has disappeared.

Huh...wait..did she say... party?

My eyes widen and Sally sees this, realizing she just said her last words out loud. Her eyes widened with mine.

"It's not what it looks like," She defends, shaking her head.

"Huh?" I ask confused, "You're going to a party... big deal." I shrug, going back to my ice cream.

I bite off the rest of my cone.

"Actually... we were going to make you come to this party," Alexandra explains.

"And you thought I would come?" I scoff.

They all nod their heads.

"Ha! Like I would go to a fucking party!" I laugh.

"Oh come on!" Sally whines, "Can't you just come to watch? You could totally go without drinking!" she states.

"Why do you need me there?" I ask.

No answer comes.

Well.. this is confusing.

"I mean...all they do is get drunk, listen to crazy loud music. And the drinks might have drugs. Fuck...You might even wind up having sex with a random person, getting pregnant with their baby!" I cross my arms as I finish my speech.

"Well...if you put it that way!" Sally whines, "Why do you have to ruin the fun, mom?" she asks.

I just smile in return.

She puts her hands up in the air and groans in defeat.

"Tomorrow we're going," Alexandra reassures Sally after a long pause.

"I'll go," I say.

All their heads zap back to me, all of them looking at me in shock with their eyes wide, maybe trying to understand if they heard me correctly.

"Tomorrow," I add.

The corners of Sally's mouth slowly begin to curve up as the words settle in.

"I mean... If we were going today, I would look like a total,' baby', with this sweater. Seriously, you should have prepared me," I state looking down at my black Minnie Mouse sweater.

Alexandra smiles too.

"Yaaa!!!" Sally yells and grabs me into a hug, while Alexandra joins too. Tom's standing there awkwardly and is pulled into the mess too.

After the small embrace in the middle of the sidewalk, we begin to just walk around.

Laughing as we walk around in this random neighborhood, not realizing where we're headed.

"Booze everyone!" I hear someone say in the distance, hearing faint loud jamming music close by too.

We turn the corner and find a big party. The house we're facing is huge with lights flaring out the windows. Beer bottles on the grass and random people are scattered around the lawn, trying to keep themselves balanced.

I suddenly feel uneasy.

"This is great! No party where we thought we would go... but a new one around the corner!" Sally cheers, smiling as she points to the big house with excitement in her eyes.

Oh no...