Chapter 70

"Okay! You and I are hanging out on Saturday," Sally commands the moment she sees me, interrupting the conversation at hand. Causing me to switch my attention to her voice, turning my head to find her storming towards me in determination, until she's right by me, I reply.

"Oh, okay, sure."

"Yay! And we're going to watch Marilyn Monroe," she decides with a smile, her hopeful eyes from before are now transformed with victory. She seems surprised by my quick positive response because just before I answered, she had the look in her eye that showed she was ready to argue me into coming, probably an old habit.

"Ya," I agree with her idea.

"Okay!"

"Okay," I repeat.

"So Saturday..." She implies.

"So tomorrow," I agree, a smirk tugging at my lips and my eyebrows raising slightly, my face covered by my amused expression.

She smiles, all excited as she contains it in her closed mouth and squeezed cheeks.

Trying to act chill by the happy news, playing it cool, but I can tell she'll soon disobey this plan of her's and show off her excitement in no time.

And just like that, she begins to squeal, jumping up and down in her place.

"Yas!!!" She cheers.

I chuckle.

Watching her, in no time, I join in with her giggles, sliding out of the lunchroom's bench until I find myself standing right next to her, jumping along.

We jump up and down, our eyes shut as we giggle and squeal.

Holding each other tight in a jumping hug, we let out our bottled excitement, the cafeteria's noise drowning in the background with our shrieks.

I can feel Alex and Tom's gaze from below, still sitting at the little lunchroom table with probably amused grins as they watch us bounce above.

Even though Sally interrupted their recent conversation, I can tell their smiling at each other with a glimmer in their eyes and then back at us with adoring looks.

We laugh for no reason, just for the fun of it, knowing we'll hang out with each other and it causes Alex and Tom to do the same, laughing along with us.

One person's excitement is another's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last class of the day, paid attention to it, I may proudly state (in and out if I must say.)

The bell rings throughout the school, indicating the end of class and the end of the school week.

Students respond with quick scrambles of their belongings, erupting in small chatter, some running to leave while others stay behind, like me.

There's no reason to rush.

Feeling at peace, I look down at the books on my desk. Standing as I feel the soft sun hit this room, the sun illuminates it with it's orange glow, bringing the true feel of how fall really shines.

The school walls, old and boring, are brought to life with the kind sun, showing off the school's youth and it's better days for a brief moment by the sun's shine.

Yes, peaceful is what it is.

Strapping my bag around my shoulder, looking out at the wide windows that show off the trees and the sun peeking out from the falling leaves, I smile, releasing something in me with a quiet sigh.