Chapter 44

I watch him as he looks around my colorful room, examining it silently as he also tries to look for pens and papers. He makes this room glow or maybe it's just the light and the light brown color of the furniture.

I chuckle.

"Here, they're over there," I inform stopping his curious glance around the room, pointing to a small container at the bottom of the shelves. The shelves spread across the wall along with my sliding dresser door.

"Oh, okay." He squats down, reaching under the shelf and pulls the colored pencils, markers, and grabbing the papers as well.

After having the supplies he needs, the rolling colored pencils and markers along with lead pencils and loose leaf colored paper, he sits on the floor underneath my bed, laying out the colorful papers on the floor.

I watch above him as he does so, he looks so determined.

"Andrew," I say.

He looks up, his brown eyes soaring through me.

"We can work up here," I suggest softly. I feel in the zone by his presence, like I do most times I see him.

He looks up into my eyes, hypnotizing me for a moment longer.

"Uh-" I look away from his hypnotic touch of a stare, silently zapping the eye contact away with my nerves, "there's not that much space there anyway," I explain quietly, rubbing the sheets of my bed as an invitation.

"Okay," I hear him say.

I hear the shuffle of the papers and pens as I wait, still staring down at the colorful sheets, the pink and white and flowers that spread around as decoration.

His adjusting plays a note in the background until I feel the weight of the bed shift underneath me and I feel his presence closer than before.

I slowly turn my head to face him, my gaze shifting from the glow of the sheets to the glow of him. His brown eyes looking straight through me, silent as the air shifts with his eyes questioning mine with such wonder, I find our faces mere centimeters apart.

I feel my heart beat getting quicker and my mind spiraling with thoughts, watching the beautiful features of his ivory skin contrasting the deep brown of his hair, but they all disappear as he looks away.

I feel so stupid as my breathing starts to relax.

"Okay, so how should we start?" he asks, zapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, I don't know, I never pay attention in this class,"

He chuckles,"Is it because of me?" He smirks.

I roll my eyes.

"Of course, your smirky side is coming out, who would've guessed?"

"Not me," he replies again with a smirk.

I roll my eyes once more.

Feeling more relaxed, I flop my body onto my bed, hiding my soft smile and blush that wants to continue making its way to my cheeks. My back makes contact with the warm sheets that engulf me in its colors, making the bed bounce a bit.

My arms spread across the bed as I close my eyes, I can almost feel him watching me, maybe I'm being paranoid.

I continue closing my eyes, feeling calm on the soft bed, the light around me entering me and my little burst of a flop settles in me. I don't even mind that I'm blushing for no reason and that I'm lying down.

I smile, truly expanding on my skin that feels it's glowing.

Feeling more like myself, I open my eyes again.