Chapter 31

I lay in my bed, remembering the moments after school. They replay in my mind over and over as I sink deeper into my mattress.

I looked into his eyes, those dazzling eyes, as he held my hands close to his chest, keeping them warm despite the fact that I wore gloves.

"It was too early, our kiss, I regret it," I whimper, feeling so hopeless.

He tilted my chin up with his warm hand.

"It's okay, we'll take it one step at a time, don't worry, it'll be alright,"

I smile, feeling longing for him, I want to kiss him, but when I look into his eyes, I  know that this is enough for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Classes tick by slowly today.

I lean on my hand, feeling bored as I'm about to doze off.

The sun beams from outside, the windows intriguing me with its soft glow and beauty of trees. It would be nice to go outside instead of being in this class.

I roll my eyes in frustration.

Looking at the clock then back at the teacher as he talks to the class, but I doubt anybody is really listening, I imagine myself somewhere else.

Looking back at the clock and then to the door, I think- Maybe if I wish hard enough, something will barge through that door to get me out of here or I might teleport out the door... Which is probably impossible.

I laugh at my thoughts.

The scratchy sound of the intercom turns on, echoing through the school, attention now focused on the intercom as a few students zap their heads in surprise from the sound, maybe they were also zoning out? Stopping classes for a moment, it's a great time to sneak a nap when the teacher isn't paying attention, am I right?

"Sorry for the interruption, but Nina Haden for early dismissal, please come to the main office." My head jerks up at the sound of my name. In confusion, I widened my eyes.

Did I just manifest an early dismissal?

I hear the scratch sound on the intercom once more as it announces one last thing.

"Uh, sorry, Nina Haden, you can just exit class and your parents will meet you outside, thank you," and with that, the intercom stops with a snap.

I sat there for a second, still shocked, eyes wide in confusion.

Then I felt everybody's gaze on me, zapping me out of my doubt of what I just heard, and I cautiously stood up.

I grab my belongings quickly, my body tight around me as I force myself to look natural yet feeling wobbly as I walk out the lit up room.

God, I probably look like an idiot.

As I open the door and close it behind me, almost  finally believing that I did in fact get an early dismissal from possibly my mom that always works so it wouldn't make much sense for an early dismissal but I've almost made peace with it but once I close it, I'm pulled by my arm and pushed to the nearest wall, my thoughts rushing away.

My heartbeat quickens, feeling like gasping, screaming at the sudden rush and push but then I see Andrew, his eyes bright as they look at me.

"Andrew," I say, surprised and I smile up in hope.

"Nina," he whispers with the same smile.

Silence follows as we look at one another. I finally realize how close we are, my belongs pressed against my chest as his hands wrap around my own and my back is still facing the wall, squished by his strong form pinning me there.

"I have to go," I blurt out.

"Oh, right." He lets go of me.

I give him one more look, my heart still beating quickly as I try to rebalance myself and I begin to walk towards the exit, more relaxed now that he's farther away.

Walking down the empty spacious hallway, I feel him watching me, making me more self conscious of my movements than usual.

I turn around to observe what it is he's really doing, probably standing where he held me close, just observing me as I walk away, like a romance movie, - no not that, but instead, I find him walking beside me.

"What are you doing, don't you have to get to class?"

"Nope." I continue walking, looking at him with suspicion as we walk side by side down the hallway to the exit doors close in front of us, my expression shows I'm confused.

He glances my way with an amused smile as he catches me staring, winking at me in response.

"You don't really think you have an early dismissal?" he asks, giving me a cheeky smile of mischief.

I blush at his smile and then I realize...

"Did you just?" My mouth widens as I realize what's going on,"Did you just fake an early dismissal for me?" I ask with a flirty touch to my voice, smirking, amused yet still shocked.

What's going on?

He laughs, smiling as he shrugs, acting cute with his innocent act playing.

"Maybe," he answers with a blushing smile, shrugging still.

We've reached the door, and he walks in front of me, opening up the exit door like a Prince would do, and I can't help but giggle at the gesture.

"You should probably leave your stuff here," he suggests, gesturing to my books still in my hands.

"Where would I put it?"

"Just put it on the floor," he replies," Do you have anything important in there?"

"No-,"

"Exactly,"

"But-," I shake my head at his suggestion and pull my books closer to me in protection, pouting as I disagree.

He shakes his head, smiling at me in amusement, no longer gesturing to the dirty floor underneath the green lockers.

I just roll my eyes and exit the door, still clutching onto my books, glaring at him as I watch him walking behind me, opening the doors for me.

He follows behind and once we open the last door, I'm hit with the strong wind, warm yet sending chills to my body.

Entering the concrete pavement as the glow and sparkles of this day blast on us, I look back at Andrew, squinting at the sun above us, watching as the wind blows in his brown hair, making it wave in different directions.

As if he can sense me starting, he looks down at me and gives me another perfect grin, squinting his eyes too.

I return with a grin, feeling like a little kid at how cheeky and happy it seems.

He motions his hand towards mine, holding my hand softly, the air flowing between us, making me feel like I'm floating by his touch.

I feel warm inside immediately.

"Come," he says, leading the way. And I feel like a queen, as if the wind around us blows only for us. It pushes us closer to one another as he opens the door to his car that sits right outside the curb.