Chapter 49

We sat, cuddled in each other's arms, sitting on the library's couch. Sitting in between his legs, his arms wrapped around mine. Wanting to get closer and closer to him, I sighed, breathing him in as I leaned my back against his chest.

We stayed silent for a while, just taking in the presence of one another.

I felt calm near him. A feeling I hadn't received in what feels like years.

Looking at my surroundings, at the brown bookcases that stood closer to the entrance, feeling the sun hit off me and into the room, due to the large windows, I felt warm inside. A cozy feeling.

I looked up, where I met Andrew's gaze, his head turning down while mine up in sync like as if he knew at this moment I would look at him.

I smiled when he looked back into my eyes.

Another moment of peace and silence passed. I then looked away, shyly may I add, and I began to speak.

"Remember when you first called me?" I asked, receiving a hum in return from him. Waiting a while to continue, I then began again,"How did you even get my number in the first place?"

Andrew chuckled at my question, the sound soft and light as it added to the calm current this room held.

"What?" I questioned, looking back up at him.

"Uh,"

I watched as he went silent, his eyes wide in decision before decreasing to their normal size, his thoughts vanishing, no longer spinning through his mind as he shook his head, as if he was ashamed of his thoughts.

"What?" I urged once more, growing more curious.

He chuckled in embarrassment.

"Nothing." he shook his head once more, avoiding his thoughts with a nonchalant smile that wasn't only handsome and almost completely distracting but was concealing something that needed to be spit out.

"Come on," I urged once more, growing a bit frustrated as my tone sighed a silent huff towards the end, waiting for him as I ignored the thought of elbowing him.

"Okay, okay," he answered as if sensing my frustrations, chuckling to himself and possibly at me before going serious, gulping,"I- uh, well, I asked someone that I knew you knew, for your phone number,"

He shrugged out like it was no big deal.

Hearing his words and his shyness in telling me, I felt a small smile peek its way to my lips as it all settled in.

"Who did you ask?"

"It doesn't matter,"

I couldn't help but laugh at his dismissiveness towards the topic.

"What?" he asked, almost defensive.

"You should see your face"

I laughed, covering my mouth as the smile expanded on my skin.

He looked concerned as he watched me. His eyebrows scrunched up, thinking position, a possible glare, that only made my small giggle grow as I watched his eyes full of seriousness and his jaw stiffened.

Huffing, he looked away.

After my laugh slowly faded, the laugh which caused my fixed gaze to turn and close as I tried to conceal my laugh until it finally stopped, and I looked back up at him but my closed smile on my face stayed, managing to peek up as I observed him. My attention back to him, looking up at his jaw which tilted high to my right, looking up in a different direction as if staying proud in his decision of glaring and being mad at me, it's as if he were avoiding my gaze.