Chapter 34

I sit at an empty lunch table, munching on a snack before I leave to meet up with Andrew.

I'm growing more excited with each passing second.

I look behind me, the lunch room doors inviting, the other tables circling around me full of students fade in the background along with the counter where they serve the school lunch, I decide to just exit right now.

I look back at my table to grab my belongs, but I jump back when I see two people at the table.

Balancing myself once more, blinking my eyes to relax, my heart beat easing down again, I eye the two people, whom are staring back at me.

I roll my eyes.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Look, Nina, we want you back," Alex whines, leaning forward as if she's saying a secret plan to me, pleading with her tired eyes.

Tom sits beside her in the same position, nodding along.

I'm still in shock on how fast and quietly they got here that I don't reply.

"Come on, please," Tom buts in after a moment of silence.

I groan.

"What about Sally?" I ask, trying to act unfazed.

"What about her?" Alex snaps, getting mad by the mention of her.

"Relax, Alex, " Tom instructs, rubbing his hand on her back. "Come on, we miss you," Tom says, looking back at me, sincere eyes.

I huff in defeat.

Alex, not realizing she's won the argument, continues, "You don't have to talk to Sally, it's just so empty without you, and Sally ... Oh- my- God.... She's sooo boring," she pouts, her green eyes widening in annoyance.

I laugh at her comment.

Tom rolls his eyes.

"Plus, it's almost your birthday," Tom coes, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I guess. How did you remember?"

"How could we not remember, after all, Sagittarius's are awesome." I chuckle at Tom's comment.

Even though it's still October, it is getting pretty close, my birthday is in November, closer to the end of the month though.

"Please come sit with us, Sally can leave if she wants to," Alex huffs in plead, her shiny green eyes looking up at me with hope.

I roll my eyes in response, "Okay, okay, I'll come,"

Alexandra jumps up off her seat, her brown curls bouncing with her.

"Yay," she yells, running back to her table where Sally is sitting, clearly pissed when Alex sits back next to her.

A soft smile plays at my lips as I watch the small scene playing, Sally with her arms crossed, an unimpressed look to her soon to be glaring blue eyes and Alex with her usual happy mood beside her.

Glancing back at Tom, who's still sitting in front of me, I watch him look to the scene, the next table to this one, and then back at me.

"Come on, it won't be too bad," Tom encourages, shrugging, noticing my worry on the situation, reading my mind like he always does.

I shrug back.

"I guess." I look back at Sally.

Her arms are crossed, her chin up high as she looks the opposite direction, trying to make a point that she's mad.

God she's annoying.

I look back at Tom.

He looks back at me, his eyes smiling, tilting up at the corner of them, showing his support and I feel more confident.