Chapter 47

It's Monday.

The weekend went by so fast, yet it felt slow.
Do you know that feeling?

Well...

I walked to school, happily, the world around me, also happy, sunny and bright sky surrounding me.

I bounced along to the music in my head, walking to my classes and then the time came that it was quickly lunch time.

"Hey, girl!" Alex yells, running towards me with open arms.

I would have usually shrugged off her embrace, but I quickly ran towards her too, an impulse of hugging her came to me as we squealed in each other's arms.

"I missed you!" She screams in the hug before we separate.

"Me too!" I cheer back, smiling.

We walk over to our lunch table where Tom is already sitting, having seen our hug played in front of the table with the lunchroom doing it's
usual business= fluorescent lights glowing the boring table color of washed out brown-yellow, the chatter of students circling in the areas on their tables while the pasty white walls surround the rest of the lunchroom.

Due to the small scene Alex and I just made, heads turn our way, we ignore them.

Alexandra comes around the table to sit next to Tom who's back is turned to the pasty white wall behind him. Alex gives him a small smile before sitting down. I sit across from them.

Pulling out my lunch from my bag, we sit there, munching on our food.

Silence follows as we simply eat until Alex's cheerful energy pipes up from her seat.

"So, what do you want for your birthday?" Alex asks, leaning closer to me.

"Uh?" I answer, shrugging, surprised by her pipe but also the question. I wasn't even thinking about my birthday.

Before I can answer, Tom's voice calls out, soft as a whisper, "I have an idea already," Tom says, barely audible to hear. Our attention zaps towards him, my head turning right as both Alex and I wait for him to elaborate but all he does is look at his food, scraping the edge of the metal container of food with his spoon, the scraping sound echoing in our ears.

He continues munching on his food, looking at the spoon in his hand.

His head then bobs up, "What?" he questions as he looks up, noticing the two of us staring at him still as he sits tall as usual, eating, his flickering blue eyes slowly squinting in confusion. It's as if he didn't say anything in the first place.

Before we can ask what he said...

The lunch room doors bang open and we all turn to the sound. It's just a bunch of boys walking in their huddle into the room, trying to look cool, I'm not interested until someone catches my eyes.

Andrew.

Just before I turned around, towards my friends, to roll my eyes, I saw him, and then there's a reason to look at the group of boys that caused the fling of doors to occur.

All the sounds around me disappear, and I only see Andrew as our eyes find each other. Acting the part of a bad boy, he looks at me blankly, but before he looks away fully, I could see a flicker in those brownish green eyes, everything turning slow-moe as I sit expressionless just as him, and then he turns away.

The group of boys turn their heads in unison and all go towards a round lunch table.

The moment between Andrew and I is fading away, my momentarily paused heart starts beating again and I suddenly sit up exhilarated, still looking at Andrew who's gathering around his table farther down the lunchroom.

"I'm gonna go talk to Andrew," I declare, determined, still looking towards them, the group of boys, eyes glued to their far away figures as if hypnotized by their movements and shuffles.

"What?" Alex's voice pops with shock as my words settle in her.

I turn my head towards her, whipping my body back forward to the table's edge.

"But, you're mad at him, he ruined your friendship," Alex pipes, trying to explain and convince me to back down as her big green doe eyes spark with worry.

I turn back towards the group of boys, my attention only focused on Andrew, his sitting body on the table's bench, his dark eyes, and dark hair, light skin, his gaze uninterested by what the other boys could be doing, I'm hypnotized. The lunchroom behind him is as useless as the other boys that fade in an unimportant image around him and Alexandra's complaints become a voice in the background. My determined mind leads me towards the group of boys.