Chapter 51

Another day of this school routine has begun.

I walk down the halls with my books cradling in my arms, ready to start my day. Entering class with a small smile on my face, excited for something to happen, but as the day goes on, my grip on the stacked books loosen.

I'm mostly excited to see Andrew. To see his smile and his eyes and just everything, I just want to hang out with him and I have a feeling we have this unsaid agreement to meet in the library again.

I smile at the thought.

Leaving class, at one point, to go to the bathroom, I leave my books on the desk as I exit the classroom doors.

I walk down the hall, a small smile stays on my lips, it unconditionally sits there. I feel like I've got a small light surrounding me and wherever I go, I feel bubbly with happiness. What has gotten into me?

I shiver with the delight of happiness.

It's a new feeling, something new and I like it more than I ever thought I would.

My eyes brighten and the smile widens.

Entering the bathroom and walking into a stall, I do my business and then walk out to wash my hands.

The bathrooms here, now that I notice it, are pretty depressing. I look around, examining the dirty room. Spotting a small window in the back, seeing how it's mostly blurred out, dirty and fogged up so the outside light can't shine in, I wouldn't know if it was a sunny or a gray day outside, the window is that dirty.
Looking away from the small back window, I turn to examine fully behind me at the small dark room, looking at the three dark forest green stalls before my eyes scan back to the singular sink I'm currently using back in front of me. Interested in this room, taking time to truly enjoy the moment, I look right above this ceiling where there is one light bulb that stays alight while the others have burned out, though, this light is still not strong.- It seems to be almost used up due to the occasional flickering. Everywhere else that isn't underneath this light is dark, filling the rest of the areas, dirty and stuck in corners. This is ... a weak light.

It doesn't bother me though, I'm already light inside at the moment.

At my recent share of the room, I turn back towards the mirror and I scrub my hands with the soap. I look at myself, I'm smiling back at me. It surprises me that I haven't changed facial expression when looking at myself, I still have that smile in my eyes. Usually, when I see myself, even when I'm in a good mood, the recent smile vanishes and all the critiques come in my thoughts. My once small glimmer of happiness disappears and all I see are my flaws. But this time, I just observed them with a smile. My hair is down and long, with a strand of hair wrapped in the middle, waving across the other half of my head. My hair shines through the dirty reflection.

My small smile breaks into an open teeth one before I snort at how ridiculously dirty this bathroom is. The reflection is covered in past water splashes that seem to stay stuck on with dirt and grease of some kind, but it's dry grease so it doesn't purify the mirror at all.

My laugh soothes down before I observe my reflection further. I lick my top lip as I move my head from one side to the other, showing off my profile and then smile at the view. My eyes glow a bit as a flowing thought of pride comes to me.

I'm proud, yep, that's for sure.

I turn back around, not bothering to dry my hands with a towel and just swing my hands to the side of me, flicking the water out of my fingers.

Walking out the open entrance of the bathroom, I'm on my way back to class, turning to the side, getting ready, and I bump into somebody. At the sudden rush of the collision, I close my eyes as an impulse.