Chapter 33

As we walk onto the playground, all the memories flood back in. I can literally see my little self and Sally running around this same park, playing a tag of some sort.

"Are you okay?" Andrew asks, grazing my arm in question.

"Ya, why?"

He looks at me in worry, but then I notice the tears forming in my eyes.

I look away from him, wiping my soon to be wet face.

I feel embarrassed that he saw me this way, I never cry.

"Come," Andrew says, giving me his hand to hold, waiting for permission, and I obey with his touch as he leads me.

He ducks under the blue old slide of the wood chip playground.

"Where are you leading me? You have a tendency of bringing me to weird places," I tell him, growing excited despite what I just said.

"Here."

He sits down under the playground, the slide above him along with the platform where you walk on.

I roll my eyes.

"Whatcha think?" he asks, clearly pleased with himself.

I laugh.

"What?" he questions.

I continue laughing, forgetting all my troubles as the laugh echoes through the small park.

"Come on," he nudges me.

"Ha, you-..." I can't help it, I continue laughing.

He begins to chuckle along, forgetting what's happening.

"Oh...Andrew, Ha, You're the best!" I wipe away the laugh tears from my eyes, and I sit beside him, under the small park too.

Our laughs are fading away as I listen to our breathing, going along the wave of the breeze. The year is getting colder, so I snuggle closer to him as a shiver enters my cold body.

He snuggles back with me, his arms wrapping around me.

"We could stay here all day," he suggests.

I hum back a reply.

Closing my eyes, he rocks my body in his arms, feeling a sense of peace travel through me, letting go of myself as I grow comfortable, no longer worrying.

"We could stay here all day," I whisper back to him, agreeing, "But I have a feeling this wasn't the surprise."

I look up at him, wiggling my eyebrows, knowing very well I'm right.

He huffs, rolling his eyes, "All right, you're right,"

"Yes," I say in victory as we stand up.

"Come this way." He shakes his head, trying to act annoyed, but I'm too excited to let his act get in my way.

He holds my hand, leading me out from under the blue slide, out the park and into the wood that surrounds this small street, trees bringing peace along with the whisper of bird songs.

"Oh, no, are you going to kidnap me again?"

"Get this straight in your head, girl, I've already kidnapped you,"

I laugh in reply.

We duck under the trees, avoiding the branches from hitting us as we enter the small forest.

Walking in silence on the wood chipped path, we finally stop at one point and Andrew lets go of my hand.

Silence follows as I just listen to the wind of the peaceful suburban forest.