Chapter 45

That moment on, we didn't really pay attention to the project.
We were like two idiots laughing and giggling with each other, lying on the bed, looking at each other's eyes.

A few strings of his hair fell over his eyes making a contrast with the light, his dark hair, and his bright eyes. I sighed, feeling peaceful by his gaze.

It was like a daze of a dream, a golden glow and I laughed, happy for receiving such a moment as I found gratitude in Andrew.

"What?" he asked, his smile light and his eyes genuinely curious.

This made me smile more.

"Nothing, I just, I-" My words caught off as my insides fluttered while my breath fanned out like it finally didn't have to force a breath out, finally free from the trap it formed that when I looked into his eyes, my words faltered, it's as if he was going deep into my soul," I don't know." I giggled at my stupid words.

"Well, I know," he said, my giggle stopping, my eyes catching onto his once more. As his movements that followed went slowly in front of me, I watched him begin inching closer to me, my stomach feeling hollowed out and my butterfly stomach stopping momentarily. I allowed myself to breathe into whatever it was that was going on instead of blocking it. Intriguing something in me, I awaited what he'd do.

Focused, his hand reached out to my face, pushing back a strand of hair from my eyes. -how did that get there?

I couldn't help it, but I blushed.

He looked me in the eyes once more,"You're beautiful," he said, his voice a whisper like his words were a secret only for me to know. My eyes flickering with his sincere gaze, it seemed his words were true, I felt they were. The light bounced off our faces and at this moment it was as if we were the only people in the world.

His hands on my cheek, eyes continuing to flicker, his warm hand cupping my cheek making me feel like melting, pulling me closer to him, he kissed me.

Closing my eyes, peace filled me by his touch.

My eyes fluttering open, I looked him in the eyes as the kiss pulled away.

The light that bounced from the window shined onto his hair and eyes, I felt like I was in a dream.

Observing every detail of his beautiful face, my eyes drooling by the sight and my smile nourishing my face, I felt wobbly and steady at the same time. I watched as he came closer once more, fast and calm as before, he pecked my lips lightly before my dream zapped by a loud voice of a screeching woman.

"Nina!" my mom called from downstairs.

"Shit," I breathed out, panic rising in me.

I looked Andrew in the eyes, my eyes wide in contrast to his normal sized ones.

He didn't look scared or surprised, as a matter of fact, he looked calm. Which got me calm and my worried gaze asking him what to do without any words said switched in a flip.

I was back in my dream mode just by his smile.

His hands still cupping my cheeks, he pecked them lightly as I watched him curiously. It was like I was watching a movie, he was too perfect to be true.

I sighed longingly.

He smiled as he looked back at my eyes.

"I should probably go," he confessed softly.

I only nodded a reply, I was in the zone yet again, everything felt too good to be true.

"Goodnight, Nina," he softly called.

I watched him as he walked towards the window, off the soft cushioned edge of my bed and opening the window.

The curtains slid to the side as he bent down, sitting on the ledge.

"Wait," I breathed out before he could leave.

He looked behind him, staring right into me, his dark eyes glowing every part it touched and I sighed, feeling so refreshed by such a generous look I was lucky to be given.

His gaze made me smile once more, bubbles traveling up my body as I felt giddy and nervous. I felt my cheeks curve up in embarrassment by my lack of response as he sat on the white ledge of the window with his leg dangling to the side, hitting the drawer that sat before it.

"I- uh-" I chuckled at my stutters, why was I so giddy around him suddenly? "I- uh, hehe,"

Silence went by as he waited for what I was to say.

He sat there, watching me.

"I-" breathing out once more, gathering my thoughts, my doubt vanishing with a determined chin high, I spoke, "Goodnight, Andrew," my voice spoke the words softly with a small smile.

He smiled back, his recent wait gone and his smile glowed softly on his face, lighting up like the warm room as my heart filled.

"Goodnight," he returned and then he was gone.

Out of sight in the night, leaving me in a daze and the thought of him, his lips, his smile, his eyes, the way he casually came in and slipped away, was all that was left for the night.

And I felt good.

Falling onto my bed once more, letting the pillows and sheets sink underneath me with a bright smile on my face, I was in a dream once more. Despite the calls of my mother's, which only echoed in the background not truly sinking in, I stayed in this happy feeling, as if it were to stay this way forever.