Chapter 54

I'm the first one to run out the classroom, exiting the doors of the school and entering the surprisingly warm day.

I don't even need to wear a jacket as I zoom out into the sunny afternoon.

My hair blows in the autumn breeze and the sun glows my vision as I squint my eyes. Everything around me is glowing with the sun, it's like I'm in a heaven.

Still in a daze, ready to continue running, I bump into somebody, rubbing against their leather jacket and their firm body causes me to bump right back.

I giggle, embarrassed, my eyes still squinted as I turn backward.

"Oh, hey," I say, excited as I see the person I bumped into was non other than Andrew.

He smiles as I notice him.

I wave at him nervosily, smiling as I look down and then back at him.

He waves back at me, his hand in his leather pocket, so his jacket flaps up.

Shaking out of my embarrassed state, I begin to walk backward, indicating that I'm leaving.

I squint my eyes from the sun as I look at him, walking backward.

"Oh, by the way, I'm sorry about kicking you in the balls when we first met," I call to him, continuing to walk away as my wavy hair blows in the wind.

He chuckles, looking down as he does so. His dark hair glows in the sun and he squints his eyes when he looks back up at me.

"And I'm sorry for not helping you with Sally after that party," he calls back.

I smile as I turn away from him and start to run forward, towards my house.

Our small apologies gives me enough of a push to run all the way home with a smile on my face.

Remembering the times when we first met reminds me how much I've changed, how much we've changed.