Chapter 40

Andrew~ Hey

I looked at my phone and then back up, trying to act nonchalant about the text.

             Uh, hey

I replied. That's pretty good right?
I mean...ya?

Looking down at the screen, waiting for a response from none other than Andrew, but nothing comes. I sigh. Putting my phone away, reaching it down into my bag that sits underneath my school chair, that's when I hear it ding in my hand right before I placed it away.

I retrieve it again.

Andrew~ What are you doing rn

The text read.

I huffed.

      In class   

Obv

I sent that second text on an impulse, regretting it once I realized I indeed sent it. The black inked text mocking me on the white shining screen. Damn, why do I always show off my snarky attitude?

Opps, I could say opps and say I meant to write something else, but what else would 'obv' mean...

I sighed before my phone dinged again.

Andrew ~ Are you good?

I sigh, my fingers on the keys of the phone ready to respond but a message pops up again, sliding its way on the conversation board.

Andrew~ You're huffing and shaking your head

His quick text read.

I was confused.

How did he know what I was doing?

I looked around the classroom, scanning my environment with the swift turn of my head and eyes observing, spotting the black board that stood in the front of the room along with the row of desks in front of me, a small class but a nice big room. All of that flashed before my eyes as I tried to figure out where this Andrew was.

I then turned around and I saw him there.

He sat in the row behind me, to the side of my vision.

He was sitting so casually, his arms stretched out on the light brown desk and his phone at the edge of his fingers. His head engulfed by his black jacket, he practically layed on the desk but because his head bobbed up slightly to look forward at the phone that could easily fall off from how far it was from him, hands hovering over the end of the desk as his fingers cupped the bottom of his phone, you could see his face, his light skin contrasting the darkness of his wear.

As if he could sense me looking, his gaze turned to me, no longer looking ahead at the screen ahead. Looking me in the eyes, making me feel like squirming, despite this feeling I was hypnotized and continued staring right back. I could sense a smirk at his lips and then he looked back at his phone. I'm surprised he didn't wink at how smug he's acting.

His gaze out of sight, I blinked myself out of my transparent state and turned back in my seat, looking forward.

Back to my sane mind, I huffed.

I did not know it was math class and that Andrew was here.

And why does he look so cute?

I felt hot in anger as I looked back at my phone, frustrated by my feelings towards him and when looking at him, I wasn't used to such an effect.

What do you want?

I texted in a rush.

I heard his chuckle behind me, sending yet another flush of anger through me, rising up my body and filling my possibly now red cheeks.

I began to type again but he got to it first.

Andrew ~ I was just wondering if you could relax

He answered my recent text.

My face scrunched up in confusion, mixed with anger, as my eyes widened. I was appalled by his question.

Andrew ~ Kidding

He texted again, testing me and amused by my reaction, probably having heard the small gasp of surprise on my side and easing me down with his text.

This didn't get him off the hook though. I began typing quickly, ready to send my smirky remark but he texted yet again.

Why is he so fast at this?!?!

I was feeling so infuriated.

I wanted to scream.

He was just so goddamn good at this, and this sent me off the charts for some reason.

I decided to read his text before sending him mine, containing my anger for only a few more seconds as I read the black inked message that popped at the bottom of our message roll.

Andrew~ Are you okay though?
I was just texting to ask if you wanted to go somewhere after school.
But it makes sense if you don't. I don't want you to feel pressured.

This text surprised me and my anger slowly disappeared, demolishing as I began to feel calm, flowing through my tensed up body, easing it down. Releasing a breath I didn't know I was keeping in, I took a breath.
Why was I even getting mad at him in the first place?

I blushed at my stupidity and partly for the sincere message.

Relaxing, I shook my head at my recent reactions, slowly deleting what I was about to text to him before. The words slowly disappeared, the black inch erasing. As the angry text began to leave the keyboard and leave my view, so did my frustrated behavior. Looking at the words, I began to breathe naturally with less rage in me.

He texted again.

Andrew ~ Or...we could skip class now😏

My face dropped with my jaw and eyes widened, partly amused by his added comment, I hid my smile.

Some of my recent snarky text still not completely deleted, I sent the remaining of it.
He deserved it after that.

Now I'll give him a reason to smirk.

I smirked as I heard his reaction from behind me and to think that was only about five words of what I was originally going to send him.