Chapter 37

The week went by in a flash, and just like that, it was Friday already.

Little did I know that anything could happen, even something that could change my life.

I groaned out of bed, but then the thought of seeing my friends at lunch brought the possibility of a good day and I smiled.

Me!? Smiling in the morning?!

I got dressed and then hopped down the stairs, out the door to get to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey," I called out to my friends as I entered the cafeteria.

"Hey," Tom called back.

And Alex mocked a "hey" in a deep voice.

I laughed at that and sat down across from Alex on the bench, along with all three of us laughing, giggling, Alex's brown skin crinkling at the corners of her eyes as her curly hair bounced beside her.

"I've been waiting for you to come so I could do that!" Alex says in between a laugh, the change in her voice very noticable.

"God, you are all so annoying, you might as well get a room for your laughter," Sally remarks, rolling her eyes and turning away. It caught us off guard, I didn't even realize she was there. She sits next to Alex, who's across from Tom and I.
Sally crosses her arms above the table, trying to show that she's mad.

Our laughs have dimmed down as our attention zaps towards her, our eyes wide as if we've been caught, but then the thought of how crazy Sally is acting makes me begin to laugh again.

The awkward silence disappears and we all burst out laughing.

The squeals and chuckles begin again.

Hurling around in our laughter, like a bunch of drunk characters in Looney tunes, all the while, Sally continues glaring at us, which only makes our laughter grow.

She huffs, turning her head to the ceiling, her profile in view.

"Ugh, you three are a bunch of losers," we hear someone say from behind us, surprising us as it didn't come from the four of us.

We turned around, spotting a Nicole Anderson passing by us, our table in the wide lunchroom, giving us a similar glare that Sally had given us before.

Nicole's grossed out expression leaves as she acts unfazed. Continuing to walk behind us and to her table farther away, her slim body swaying along her blonde ponytail as she acts her usual confident self.

I swear, these two could be sisters. - now that I realize it, they even look alike, only Sally isn't popular and Nicole is.

"See, even the most popular girl in the school agrees with me," Sally interjects and we all turn back towards her.

Our laughter has ended again and then we all just stare at Sally.

"First of all, who cares what she thinks, and second, she thinks we're losers either way, she fucking hates us,"

"Well that's a first," Sally mumbles.

"Uhh?" My eyes wide in confusion in response to her comment, I think, how does what she said make any sense? I'm about to reply with a fast remark but Alexandra stops me with her calm tone.

"Don't bother." She reaches out to me, grazing my arm, turning my focus to her sincere green eyes and I sigh, nodding as I agree.

"Please, like she'll listen to that, she always has to get her way. The cool kid that isn't cool. If anyone knows, it's me," Sally retorts back, her arms still crossed.