Chapter 48

I breathed in and out. Sigh...

Okay, here goes nothing.

I walked towards the table where Andrew and his friends sat, they leaned over like some cool kid group, they weren't really cool, though everyone thought that, they just wore leather jackets. I mean come on.

I marched my way towards the group. The lights above bounced off the circle, yellow, and washed out brown table as the black line outlined the shape of the table but all the boy's stuff were creating a pile of backpacks and lunch bags while some lay their head on them that you couldn't even see the surface of the table that was my destination.

I felt determined and strong as I faced them, feeling empowered as the voices of the lunchroom and the calls from Alexandra began to dim. Maybe she was realizing I wasn't backing down and maybe was partly thinking it was better not to call so much attention to the b-o-y-s, so I continued walking towards them, chin high and confident I was and then… they all stared at me.

Their glances all switched towards me until I stopped short at their table.

And that's when I realized what I was doing.

I was walking towards the school jocks.

The school weird boys.

I probably looked weird myself.

I looked down and spotted my clenched fist.

Shit, yes, indeed: I looked weird.

My clenched fists hanging low beside me, shocked by the realization of what I was doing, my face staring down, I relaxed my hands and slowly began to look back up at the staring boys. My vision scanning as it moved its focus to the floor up to their shoes and covered legs until the whole lunchroom came into view, the wide room full of circled tables filling the air along with the main focus: these boys.

A few of them looked bored, some even intrigued while others just looked plain out creepy.

I managed a small squeak of a chuckle, a smile forming instinctively.

"I'm sorry, I'm just-" I smiled, looking pathetic as fuck as I tried to make an excuse, justifying my reasoning as to why I was here- bothering them. My eyes itched as they looked from one boy's eyes to the other before I realized,"actually I'm not." my smile dropped and I turned away.

Away from the boys, facing back forward to where I started, I began to walk.

Eh, whatever, they probably will forget about 'Nina's weird encounter with the cool boys.'

I shook my head, I'm so stupid, when did I become this stupid?

I walked out of the cafeteria, doors fully open for me as I left everything behind me. Turning the corner and into the empty hallway close by the lunchroom, I suddenly felt a hand wrap around my wrist.

I instantly turned around towards the touch, confused, as I looked at the hands clasped around mine, warm, strong, and soft fingers against my skin, before I looked up at the cause of such a moment.

Before I could get defensive, I looked him in the eyes, those beautiful big eyes, slits of transparency that sent me somewhere new.

And then he kissed me, right there and then.

I closed my eyes fast.

Letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

We were kissing in the hallway of our school.

"I missed you," he breathed out after our kiss broke apart.

I giggled.

"It's only Monday, we saw each other on Friday," I spoke, answering unbothered by such kiss.

"Exactly, too long." he poked my nose causing a ruffle on my skin as I cringed slightly despite feeling flattered by the touch, by his miss and his kiss.

"Wait a minute, since when are you so romantic and cheesy,"

He rolled his eyes, looking away as his head turned to the side along with his deep eyes, a bit embarrassed though he didn't show it with a casual shrug, dismissing the possibility of him being romantic.

I just rolled my eyes back.

"I'm not romantic," he pouts.

"You just poked my nose," I protested.

"Uh hu, and?" he challenges with a raised eyebrow, a cocky grin just waiting to pop out.

I roll my eyes again, beginning to walk away as I turn away, down the hallway I go.

"Where are you going?" he asks, his voice worried as he wondered, which only caused my pleased smirk to plop onto my skin as I walked away from him, my back facing him.

"Africa," I answer seriously, my arms swinging to my sides as if to say obviously.

"Wait, what, not this again," he whines as he realizes the small tease.

I chuckle in response.

Turning back forward, seeing him again, taking pleasure of his view, tall form, brown hair, peach and rosy skin exposed at the arms of his shirt, his body a few feet away from mine which walks backward towards my destination, I answer honestly, "The library, silly,"

His worried state disappears as his cheeks come up with a small smile.

Turning back around, facing forward, I can't help but smile too as the corners of my mouth turn up uncontrollably.

He jogs, catching up to me, bumping his shoulder against mine. I pretend not to notice this, but I do. I have a small smirk of satisfaction peeking on my lips as we walk to the library, the hallway walls surrounding us in its boring dark green outline and yellow brown painted brick walls.

Finally there, his quick impulse leaves him in front of the two swinging doors before me, offering with a smirk as he opens the big doors for me.

"Madam," he gestures to the door with a bow as he imitates a British accent.

My closed smile widens though I keep it shut, not truly showing his affect on me as I turn away from his silly self and focus on the fancy old doors.

"Come one," I usher him in, stopping his little game as an amused smile wraps around my lips despite my fighting and as Andrew stands up tall again, I can tell he's amused too. Rolling my eyes at that, I enter the library fully.

Closing the door to the library, we're exposed to a completely empty room. It's like our place, nobody goes here. I guess teenagers don't like to read, so the school doesn't seem to waste its time to fund it, no teachers patrol it, no people walk in, and no books get checked out, simply a ghost of what it used to be, dusty yet spotless.

"This is like our place," Andrew says, as if reading my mind.

"I guess." I nod, trying to act nonchalant about the way he just read my mind but my amused smile comes anyway as we stand side by side observing the room.

Ugh, since when have I become so transparent?