Chapter Twenty-Two

Just a small little taste of what's to come next :3 will she get back with Jessie, or shove him out for good? Comment your theory on what should happen. I'll pick the best comment and dedicate the chapter to that person. Happy reading!

                My classes went excruciatingly slow. Every time I looked towards the clock, it seemed as if slowed, just to piss me off. I paid no attention to what any of my teachers were saying; even if it might have been directed toward me. My heart was aching, as well as my mind.

Levi kept popping into my head. Questions flutter. Is he alright? Where is he? Is he harming himself? Guilt overwhelms me as I sink farther into the couch. It’s around seven thirty, and Amy is not home yet. Thank goodness for that. The last thing I need is a lecture.

The microwave beeps, signaling that my dinner is done. The leftover spaghetti I once was hungry for, didn’t seem very appetizing at the least. My stomach is tense, and my mind is jumbled. Small tears begin to stream down my guilt ridden face.

“Just please come home Levi,” I whisper to no one. “Come home.”

Snapping me out of my thoughts, a shy knock hits the front door. I freeze in my spot. I knew all too well that the timidity of that knock undoubtedly belonged to my best friend. Though, I didn’t want to believe it; for two reasons mainly: Primarily, I don’t believe in coincidences, and if anyone was here with me, they’d consider this one. Secondly, and most importantly, I was downright scared.

The knock hit the door again, and I hesitantly got to my feet. Resting my hand on the doorknob, I cautiously turned it. On the other side were the light brown eyes from my dreams. They meet mine for a split second then moving to his feet. “Err, can I come in?”

Let him in. You know you want him. You know you just want to fix this, and make it all better. My mind thinks for itself.

I give him a flat look and shake my head. “No,” I say bluntly.

His face sinks and his eyes darken slightly. He pouts his delicious bottom lip, making me quiver slightly. How I wanted to just put my lips on his.

“Please Willow. Let me explain.” I begin to shut the door, ignoring my urges to let him in and have my way. He stops it with his hand and opens his mouth again. “Just hear me out. If you don’t accept it, then I’ll leave and never come back.”

For a moment I just stare into his eyes. Those light brown eyes that just melt my insides. Like earlier this month, Jessie’s eyes are filled with something quite peculiar for him. They have grief. They have hope. They have what I would presume to be, love.

Knocking all my barriers down, I let him in. “Fine,” I whisper.

DON DON DON!!!! Don't forget to comment what you think will happen next! Picking the cray ones!

Follow me on twitter my lovelies!! 

Twitter: stewart_maria

Instagram: Picture_Me_Maria