Chapter Seven

I know, i know, it's extremely short. BUT i felt this was all that needed to be in this particular chapter. Alright....so the comment vote thing worked out GREAT. So we're going to continue that. Let's go the same as last time. 5 VOTES AND 5 COMMENTS FOR ME TO UPLOAD. I REPEAT 5 VOTES AND 5 COMMENTS.

Enjoy my loves......

**

I widen my eyes as Alex climbs out of the pool.

I keep replaying it over and over again in my head.

We need to talk

He made it sound so serious. It scared me.

It also didn’t help that he walked in on Jessie and I almost kissing. Or, maybe he was trying to stop the kiss from happening?

I push myself away from Jessie and stand up. I wipe my eyes and ring out my hair.

Alex nods his head towards the gate, “Take a walk with me.” He said it more as a demand than an invitation.

We walk down the sidewalk awkwardly. When we get a few houses a way he finally says something.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He stops and looks at me. “Don’t say you don’t know what I’m talking about. You know God damn well what I’m talking about.”

Jessie

I have to admit, a lot of people hate him. Oh, wait, aren’t I supposed to hate him too?

I look down at my feet, “I don’t know.”

He laughs sarcastically. He points his black finger nail at me, “You need to stay away from him.”

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest, “Not you too!”

“Why are you like suddenly best friends again? You hated him a few weeks ago.” He looks intently into my eyes.

“I don’t know. He’s been nice to me. He says…that he cares about me.” I blush at the thought.

“That’s a load of bullshit Willow! He’s playing you like he plays every other girl! He’s just trying to piss Levi off.” He grabs my shoulders and shakes me, “Wake up and smell the jack ass. He doesn’t care about you. He never did, he never will.”

His harsh words hit me like a train. I stand there speechless; tears rimming my eyes.

He lightens his expression, “Willow…”

I push past him.

“Willow! Come on! I’m sorry!” He starts running to keep pace with me.

I stop and turn to face him. Rage takes over my entire body. “That’s all people ever say! ‘I’m sorry!’” my voice drips with venom. “They’re just words! Words that people use just to manipulate!” I scream.

“Willow, please just calm down,” he pleads grabbing my shoulder.

I shrug him off. “Is there a reason you wanted to talk to me, or did you just want to humiliate me?”

“Willow, I’m saying this…for the sake of Levi.” He runs his hand through his hair. “You’re really killing him by doing this.”

“By doing what? Being happy that I have my old best friend back?!” I push my face close to his; noses almost touching.

“By breaking his heart,” his eyes are filled with honesty.

I lean back. “What?”

“Willow, Jessie didn’t drop you as a friend because he wanted to. He did it….because Levi told him to.” He offered a sensitive smile.

“W-why?” Why would Levi do that? Why would he deliberately ruin our friendship? It was his friendship too.

“I’ve already said too much,” he shakes his head and turns around. He heads back to the house.

I don’t follow. I just stand there, wondering what the hell just happened.