Chapter Twenty

Ahhhhhhhh Chapter 20 guys! Please comment and vote!

   Willow POV   

Morning light streams into my line of vision as my eyes open cautiously. My hands find their way to the soft cover that overlays me. It was supple and fresh feeling. I sit up and look at the blanket, then look around the room. The walls were a cream color, which complemented the chocolate brown duvet that had subtle purple accents along the edges perfectly. It wasn’t exactly my style, but it was a home and it was mine. At this moment I wouldn’t change anything about it.

I scoot out of bed and my feet hit the plush of the carpet; brand new carpet might I add. It was a wonderful feeling, almost like sand in your toes. I walk into the hallway and turn left to the small bathroom Amy had designated as mine. My hair was disheveled and the bags under my eyes were frightening. For a moment I contemplated myself. First question that popped into my mind? What the hell was I thinking with this hair color? It’s an awkward mat black that does not compliment my face at all. I miss my brown hair.

Wait, what am I saying? This was my style. This was the statement I have been trying to make for the past five years. Why now am I questioning it?

I shake the thought out of my mind as I proceed to brush my hair and pull it into a messy bun; something I rarely do. I add a chopstick to it for fun and I laugh because I look like Violet. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I apply a decent amount of foundation and cover-up to hide my bags and add black eyeliner and mascara to my eyes. Feeling extra brave, I put deep purple eye shadow on my lid and add a white highlighter to my brow and tear duct. I’ve never before concentrated this much on my makeup. For once in my life, I feel somewhat pretty.

I go back to my room and look through my clothes that I had not yet unpacked. I finally decide on dark wash skinny jeans, an Of Mice and Men t-shirt, a three quarter sleeve leather jacket, and my military boots.

Downstairs Amy was nursing coffee while talking animatedly on the phone with someone. From the look on her face I’d suspect it was Jason. I try quietly to make my way to the fridge but she catches sight of me and smiles.

I offer a small wave back.

“She’s awake now. Alright I love you, be safe and call me when you can. Bye.”

I grab the orange juice and a cup and lean against the kitchen island. “That Jason?” I ask.

She beams and bites her lip. “Yes. He was just about to go out for his morning shift, and called me.”

“That’s nice,” I say quietly not sure how to respond.

“So Willow, I know you don’t want to hear this, but I feel like you should hear Jessie out.”

Right when she mentions his name I open my mouth in protest. “I don’t want anything to do with him. He used me and blamed Levi.”

She shakes her head. “You don’t know that!” she sighs calming herself. “Willow I heard your entire fight, and from what Mrs. Dalton has told me, he’s telling the truth. Jessie and Levi have always fought over you; you just never noticed it. Levi pushed Jessie away. Now whether you find that sweet or undignified, I’m not entirely sure. But, you need to open your eyes and realize that it’s true.”

I stand quiet and look at my feet. Mrs. Dalton told her this? She wouldn’t lie to me would she? I mean I find it hard to believe that Levi would do such, but the look in Jessie’s eyes showed honesty.

I slowly put my orange juice in the sink and grab my book bag. “Are you taking me to school?” I ask Amy.

She shakes her head, “No I have a ride for you.”

“Who?” Just when I asked, Jessie’s truck pulls into the drive. My fists clench and I look at my sister. “Seriously?”

She shrugs, “ He had offered yesterday before the fight and I didn’t want to let him down even more.”

I roll my eyes as I twist the door handle.

“Willow,” she says. “Just promise me you’ll think about what I said?”

I think for a moment before meeting her eyes. I nod. “I’ll think about it.” With that I open the door and walk to my doom.