Chapter Sixteen

(A/n IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ) SQUEEEEEE! I finally have wifi, which means that YOU get an update!!! It's a tad bit short, but there is more coming! You will rpbably hate me for this chapter, but it has to happen! Don't worry it'll all figure itself out in the end! I have this all planned out, so bear with me! PLease please please support me by sharing this story, voting and fanning!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. This is all i ask! I really would like a lot more reads on this so i can get on the what's hot list! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I've never been more desperate in my life!! I Love you all! —Maria <3

Chapter Sixteen...

Willow's POV

An insignificant tear falls down from my eye traveling all the way down to my lip. This stray tear was for Levi—for the humiliation I caused him. Another was for the self-reproach that built up inside my soul. The guilt that I had for making him grieve through seeing me deceive him. The next one that dropped was for Jessie. It was a tear of anguish, but also a tear of melancholy. I was livid that he’d use me to hurt his own brother, but I was sad that I walked away from him. Even if everything Jessie had said to me wasn’t true, even if he was just a selfish bastard, he still made me feel extra special inside. He made me feel complete again. He made me feel like the old Willow—when Jessie and Levi were both my main sources of happiness in life.

I awkwardly bite my lip and force my way out of the kitchen. I nearly trip over the moving boxes as I run, blinded by tears.

“Baby doll, wait, and let me explain!” Jessie trails me into the living room and places his hand on my shoulder.

I shove it off and frown into his striking brown eyes. “Don’t you touch me!” I voice vehemently.

Jessie Dalton was beyond making my insides shatter. I peep into his hurt expression and try to contain my undying urge to slap it off his face. “I thought maybe you had changed. I thought that maybe you really did want to be with me—even just as a friend. Boy was I was wrong. I was WRONG about you. You knew he had feelings for me and you just rubbed it in his face. You USED me.” I accuse bitterly. “You used me as a sick joke to get to your brother.”

“Baby doll,” he steps closer to me and I move backward a step.

“Don’t you dare call me that,” I drive pass him and dash up the stairs into my room. With more and more tears blurring my vision, I open my door and collapse onto my bed.

A few seconds later, I sense a dip in the bed and I instantly warm up. I’m not sure if it’s with anger, or frivolity that he was next to me.

“Willow please let me explain. I didn’t use you  for one second of it. I meant everything I said.”

“No you didn’t.” I mutter into my pillow. “You’re a selfish bastard Jessie Dalton. I wish you had never changed. I wish you had never left me.”

He again tries to soothe me with his touch, but I move away from him, gravitating to the other side of my room.

“You have to understand,” he says hesitantly. He combs his fingers through his hair and looks at me unsure—as if he’s deciding how to word something. “I had no choice. It was ruining the relationship between Levi and me.”

“What was?” I say a little too sharply. I absentmindedly fiddle with my thumbs and look down at my feet. As a force of habit I bite my lip to keep me from shouting anymore. I end up biting so hard I puncture the lip and draw blood.

“You,” he replies nonchalantly. He raises his eyebrows coolly and gives a half-hearted smile.

My eyes widen at this. “What do you mean ‘me’?”  What did I have to do with them not getting along? I furrow my eyebrows and search for an answer in his face—his eyes. Oh those light brown eyes!

Get a grip!

He begins to say something, but quickly decides against it. “You wouldn’t understand.” He drones more to himself than at me.

I step closer to him and bid my undivided and pissed off attention, “Try me.”

He closes his eyes for a moment then opens them to look at me. “When we were twelve we started to change—well you started to change. If you know what I mean.” He flushes embarrassed but continues with his story. “Both Levi and I started seeing you differently; more than a best friend or sister—as a beautiful girl, a woman.” He smiles at this.

I bite my lip and look away. Why was he bringing up puberty?

“Levi and I began fighting over who would hold your hand or who would sit next to you at dinner. Jealously had gotten the best of us when the other had won the argument. One day Levi and I got into a huge argument over who you liked more. Levi claimed that he saw you and befriended you first. He  finally made me stay away from you, threatening that he would tell you bad things about me and that he would make you hate me.” A scowl grew on his face as he thought of this. “The last thing I wanted was for  you to hate me, so I came to terms with it. But, you hated me anyway, because you thought I had abandoned you. I guess Levi had that planned all along. He always was the smarter one.” He stares at me directly and reaches out to fondle my cheek. “Baby doll. It was the hardest thing ignoring you. I would watch you and Levi every day, wishing it was me and not him. Recently, I found that I couldn’t handle it anymore. I had to get you back.” His hand softly caresses my cheek. Right when he touches me, he leaves a trail of warmth—a trail of tantalizing desire.

I take a second to consider this. Would Levi really do that? I think not. “You were right.”

He looks at me perplexed, “About what baby doll?”

“You were right,” I repeat again. I scrutinize directly at him and push his hand away. “I wouldn’t understand.” I shake my head. And I thought he really was the old Jessie I knew; the Jessie that cared so much about me and his brother. “Levi would never do that to me. He wouldn’t even think about it.” I pull him by the shirt and lead him to the door. “You are a selfish bastard Jessie. I have one thing to say to you.” As more tears fall down my face, I push him completely out the door. “I should have listened to Levi. Now get the hell out of my life.”

I slam the door shut in his face and slide down the wall into the fetal position.

I then cry myself to sleep, ignoring Jessie’s attempts at opening the door.

Time to grow up Willow.

AHHHHHH COMMENT VOT AND SHARE THUS STORY! MORE READS ARE CRUCIAL!!! <3