Chapter Fourteen

Hey hey hey! This chapter is nice and long, but sort of boring, but informative. 20 pages on word! I just couldn't stop writing i was so into it! You guys owe me 10 or more votes this time! VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Willow POV

                I put on a fake smile as she walks hesitantly into the room. Not making eye contact I tell her that she can sit down in the chair next to the bed.

                Her eyes look tired. As if she hadn’t gotten much sleep in days.

                “Can we talk?” she asks softly resting her hand on mine.

                I don’t shrug it off, even though I want to. Or do I? It does feel nice…

                “Sure,” I say.

                She takes a deep breath before she begins.

                “First off, I want you to hear me out, okay? No interruptions.” She holds out her pinky to me. Just like when we were kids.

                I hesitantly wrap mine around hers.

                She smiles, “Willow I’m sorry, for everything. When dad had his accident, I was absent. I didn’t know what to do, so I left. It was greedy of me to leave you behind.” Tears begin to take shape in her gray-blue eyes.  “Before you were admitted to the hospital, I was already planning on coming to see you. I wanted to talk to you about…well what I’m going to tell you.”

                I nod my head for her to go on.

                “Willow, I want to start a new life, and…I thought I could start it with you.” She looks down into her lap. “When I heard what…she did to you, the plan seemed to fall into place. I…um…bought a house here and I was wondering if you would like to come live with me?”

I widen my eyes at her. She’d bought a house? Here? How could she afford a house?

I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off.

“I know you’re probably wondering why I’m moving back, or how I can afford a house. When I left Washington, I took off to New York. Stupid right? Well, I got a job at the New York Times as a writer. I also met someone. Willow, I’ve met the love of my life!” Her cheeks get rosy and widespread grin crosses her face. “He’s moving in with me too. I’ve talked to my boss and he got me a writing job here at The Washington Post.”

This was a lot to take in. My sister was successful? She had a boyfriend?

I closed my eyes and contemplated this. It was a great offer. I’d get to live in a house again, be away from my mother, and reunite with my sister. But, I hated my sister. She’d left me for New York. She wasn’t here to help me keep mom sane. She wasn’t here to help me keep myself sane.

“Willow, I know this is a lot, but I need your help and you need mine. I don’t want you living with mom anymore. She’s not fit to take care of you.” She pushes her long dark hair behind her shoulder. “Please just think about it?”

“I am,” I say finally. I smile a real genuine smile this time, but it soon turns into a doubting frown. “How do I know that I can trust you?”

She sighs heavily, “I love you Willow. I never stopped. You can always trust me.”

“Fine,” I crack my knuckles and wait for her to say something.

She sits awestruck, mouth hung open. “Y-yes?”