Chapter Nine

Thought i'd upload tonight! I'm on break now so there will be many uploads in the next 2 weeks. So don't yell at me because i'm posting short chapters. I'm updating and y'all should be happy :) 5 votes 5 comments?

***

Jessie’s POV

                Ten more minutes, that’s all. Lunch was only that far away. I’m usually not one to ditch, but I was in a dreadful need of a break. This dreaded period would be my last.

                So the whole ‘pool side chat’ thing didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped. Usually, for most girls, it wouldn’t even come to that. There’s no need for plan B. But, Willow isn’t most girls. She’s special. She deserves as many backup plans as I can come up with.

                Well, it almost worked. Are lips were almost touching when that dumb ass Alex ruined my fun.

                I mentally slap myself. Willow isn’t for fun. I actually care for her. I want this to be as real as possible.

                Well, I had her in my arms, practically begging for me. (That’s an exaggeration.)  I know for a FACT that Levi sent Alex out to distract her. Why can’t Levi understand that Willow doesn’t want him as more that a friend?

                I lean back in the desk/chair—they make these things way too small—and dream away until the bell.

                What do I dream about? More like ‘who’ I dream about. ;)

                ***

Willow POV

                I tie up my converse slowly, as I get ready to head out the door. I guess I’m walking to the hospital tonight. I don’t have the nerve to ask Jessie, and I’m not too sure where Levi and I stand.

                I saunter out the door of my trailer and start to walk down the pebbles of the trailer park. The cold breeze freezes my uncovered face. I really need to get a car.

                I shove my already numb hands into the pockets of my sweatshirt.

                I haven’t heard from Levi since Tuesday night. He hasn’t been answering his phone. But then again, I haven’t been calling him. After what he said, I got the hell out of there. I’ve never been so humiliated in my life. I was even more embarrassed than the many times I’ve been with my mom in public when she’s drunk.

                Speak of the bitch.

                “Willow! Where the hell are you going?!” Hair disheveled and bagged eyes, she stalls just outside the trailer.

                “Why do you care,” I spat back at her.

                “Who said I cared?” she says in a tone so emotionless that my bones shiver. “I just wanted to know if you’re coming back.”

                “Probably not,” I grit my teeth together.

                Her face lifts into a widespread smirk, “You’re such a little slut!”

                I twirl so that my body is facing her from top to bottom. “Excuse me?”

                She snickers pettily. “What am I supposed to think? You’re always at Dalton’s. It’s obvious that you’re sleeping with at least one of their sons. I wouldn’t be surprised. You always were a screw up.” Her last two words dribble with malevolence.

                Screw up? Talk about insincere.

                My emotions that have been retained deep inside me ultimately go off. My hands begin quivering hysterically and my knees tremble. With my sleeve, I dab at the salty tears hammering down my face.

                She renders an ersatz puppy dog face, “Don’t cry! You’re ruining your whore makeup.”

                Unable to bear her bull shit anymore, I take a step closer and raise my hand up to her face. “I like you better sober.” My hand greets her face with a slap suffused with so much force, she cries out in pain.

                “You little bitch!” She swings her fist at me, but I dodge it.

                Again she swings and doesn’t miss this time.

                My nose drips with warm and sticky blood. Then, another blow hits me in the eye and I fall to the ground.

                As she hovers over me she says, “That’ll teach you to hit me.” Something catches her attention and she smiles. “Well, if it isn’t your little boy toy now. I have to go daughter. Don’t come home tonight. You’ll regret it if you do.” With that she takes a step over me.

                I stare blankly at the sky as I faintly hear my name being called.

                **

Levi POV

                I grab her by the shoulders and shake her with as much force as possible. “Willow! Willow! Wake up!” I cry, “Please wake up!”

                Blood runs from her nose and her eye starts to form a dark shadow underneath it. I place my hand carefully under her neck and lift her into the sitting position. Warm blood covers the palm of my hand.

                Shit. Her head is bleeding. Is she going to die? I should probably call an ambulance.

                Willow hates ambulances, let alone hospitals.

                I pull her into my chest. “Willow please wake up!” She must be unconscious from when she fell.

                After a quick debate I decide to do something I’d never even think of doing. I pull out my cell phone and dial the one person who cares for Willow as much as I do.

                “Hello?”

                “Oh my God, Jessie, you need to help me. It’s Willow.”