Chapter Three

I got my computer to work!! ENJOY. Please comment, fan, vote, what have you! I love reading comments!

Pic of Jessie! YUM! ------->

I'm dedicating this to the fan who comments the most and votes! :)

**Jessie POV

Willow stares blankly out the window. Tears still sting in her eyes. She wears her heart on her sleeve.

 I long to just reach out and hold her hand. I want to caress her face and wipe away her tears. I want to show her that I do care for her.

“Come on Willow,” I say after a few minutes of driving. “Tell me what happened. Was it you mom?”

She closes her eyes and pinches the bridge of her nose.

“Why do you care?” she hisses.

I grip the steering wheel and swerve the car to the side of the road. I slam on the brakes.

I put my hands behind my head and grip my hair in frustration. “Willow, you’re like a sister to me. I care about you. I care about you enough to come get you at two o’clock in the morning! I care about you enough to extend my concern and all you do is push me away!” I look at her intently and continue. “I know it’s hard for you to believe me, but you need to trust me. Hell, you used to trust me! Don’t you remember how close we were? Before Levi and I started fighting?”

“Yea I do!” she snaps. “I remember. We were best friends, you Levi and I. Then you changed. You became an ass. Don’t try and put this on me. You ruined our relationship.”

“No, he di—,” I shut my mouth when I realized what I was saying. I couldn’t tell her the truth. I wouldn’t do that to Levi. We may not like each other anymore, but we still are brothers. “We… we both went different directions. I got…popular, and you got…”

Her blue gray eyes became pure ice. “Say it! Just say it!”

“I-I,” I was lost for words. I couldn’t hurt her like that. She knew she was different in the eyes of society. She was not ashamed. When her dad had his accident, she….changed.

“That’s what I thought.” She shakes her head and pushes the door open.

“Baby doll. Please don’t leave.” I clutch her arm before she drops down.

“How many times do I have to tell you? Don’t call me that.” She shakes off my grip.

“Willow, please, stay,” I plead.

“Why?”

“Because I’m sorry.”

She stares at my face with a contemplative expression.

I continue, “I never meant to hurt you. I just…” I consider what to say next, “…thought it would be for the best,” I lie. I didn’t think it was for the best. Levi thought it would be for the best. The best chance for him to have Willow—for himself.

Some say Levi and I fight because we’re different. Because we’re in totally opposite social groups. That’s not even close to the reason we fight. We fight for Willow.

**

After a few countless minutes, I persuade Willow to come back to my place with me. Well, let’s be realistic, even if she didn’t agree, I would force her.

“Why’d you pick up Levi’s phone?” she queries when we pull into my driveway.

Levi had a rough night with my parents. They’d been rowing about his appearance and how it’s distressing his grades. They even reprimand him for the way Willow is now. But, I know it’s the other way around. You could say, ‘monkey see, monkey do’. My parents care for Willow like a daughter. Like I’ve said before, we’re like family.

I thought I’d use the short version. “He had a rough night. Let’s leave it at that.”

She contracts her eyebrows and twitches her cute, desirable lips.

“Okay, but why’d you pick it up? He always keeps it with him,” Willow defies.

“I didn’t want to wake him,” I fibbed. Before she could say anything more, I jumped out of my truck and strode over to her side to unlock it.

I take her petite hands and help her down. The caress of her skin against mine ignites my excitement.

I’m speculating she felt it to.

I squeeze her hand a bit, making sure our fingers were still intertwined; yup. I give her a cunning smile.

She blushes through her makeup stains.

I escort her towards the house, “Let’s get you cleaned up.”

She pulls her hand away when we step in. “Thanks Jessie. I’ll be fine now. I’ll just go grab some clothes from Levi’s room and clean up in there.”

My grin turns into a disappointed expression. “Don’t bother him. It’s like three o’clock.”

I hastily grab and icepack and draw her upstairs.

“Jessie, what are you doing?” she whisper yells pulling away.

I exhale and turn to her, “I’m helping you baby doll.”

She opens her mouth to tell me to ‘stop calling her that’, but I put a finger to her lips.  “Now just come on.”

I take her into my room, shut the door and lock it.

Her eyes grow broad.

“Baby doll, trust me.” I lend her a reassuring beam.

I go to my dresser and pull out basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

“Here,” I say giving them to her. “You can go in my bathroom and take a shower.”

She looks at me skeptically, “You aren’t going to barge in, are you?”

Ha I wish. I smirk in her direction. “Just go shower baby doll.”

She goes into the bathroom and I hear the door lock. I laugh to myself.

Taking advantage of the time I change into some shorts and a t-shirt. I look at myself in the big mirror over my dresser.

I leer. I didn’t care anymore. Levi had his time. It’s my turn now. I’m getting my girl

back.