Chapter Eight

Yea, Yea! I know it's short! Just read it! 5 votes 5 comments for the next upload??

I let the warm water drip down and across my back. Showers are my one place to find solace. You can sit in the steam and contemplate about your life. It really is helpful in most of my situations.

My makeup falls down across my cheeks and onto my lips. I push my face in the force of the water and after a while it becomes numb.

I’ve only been here for what I’d say was an hour. To Levi or Jessie that would be a waste of water. To me, or any girl for that matter, a shower is the one time where you can be free and alone.

Well in my case, I can’t really be alone. Seeing that I’m taking a shower in Levi’s house. I always take a shower here. It’s to crammed in my trailer. It’s not like my mom cleans it either.

Luckily, since I practically live here, Mrs. Dalton has considered the guest bedroom next to Jessie’s, ‘my bedroom’.  It has a queen sized bed with a light blue comforter and beige walls. There’s a bathroom attached to it, so I don’t have to share Levi’s. I guess that’s just the perks of a rich house. I’ve always considered bringing my clothes and just keeping them in the dresser, but I don’t want to feel like I actually live here. Which I practically do, but I don’t want to feel like I’m abandoning my mom.

I turn off the water and quickly jump out and wrap myself in a towel. Goosebumps rise on my arms and legs.

I open the bathroom door and walk into ‘my’ bedroom.

Not registering my surroundings, I stride towards the dresser and pull out my sweats. Just as I was about to drop my towel, he spoke.

“Um, hi,” he said awkwardly staring at my half naked body.

I jumped back and pulled the towel to my chest. “Levi!” I screamed frantically.

He laughs and leans back on my bed. “Is something on your mind? You walked right past me and almost stripped in front of me.”

I crinkle my nose at him. “I didn’t see you! Why are you in here anyway?”

“My point exactly. You didn’t see me. Is something distracting you or is it just my ninja skills?” He smiles a broad and conceited smile.

“N-no,” I stutter. Yes! Do you not know what your best friend just told me?!

He looks unconvinced. “You can’t lie to me Willow.”

I wrap my towel tighter around my cold body. “I’m not lying,” I lie.

“Sure.”

“Lev, I need to get changed. Do you mind?” I put one hand on my hip and wait for his response.

He sighs overdramatically, “Fine.” He puts a hand over his eyes. “I’m not waiting long.”

“You’re so lazy.”

He smirks.

 I quickly drop my towel and put my jammies on.

“Three, two…”

“I’m done already! Jeez all Friday!”

He takes his hand away from his eyes. “Someone’s grumpy.”

I just roll my eyes. My hairbrush is somewhere around here. Ah ha!

“Where did you go?” he continued. “You left and never came back.”

“I-I um…” Quick! Think!

“Willow,” he groaned. “Please don’t tell me you were with that jackass. I thought I told you—,”

“We were just talking!” I screamed with a wee bit of edge. “No harm done! After that I went for a walk with Alex.”

He gripes again, “So that’s where he went.”

“Besides,” I continue, “you may not believe it, but Jessie has changed.” At least I think so.

He rolls his eyes in a Levi way. “Willow you believe whatever shit you want to believe. He has NOT changed. He just wants to get in your pants. He’s probably tired of cheerleaders and wants to ‘try new things’.”

I’m not sure what hurt more. Levi’s comment itself or the fact that he’s probably right.