Chapter Two

Sorry if this is a bit short. I'll upload tomorrow in Jessie's POV. Comment, vote, fan, anf of course enjoy!

*********

It’s about two thirty on this glorious (note sarcasm) Saturday morning. My diminutive and compact trailer is about an asphyxiating ninety degrees. The only space I have is the 5X5 foot loft above the driver’s compartment. My long hair sticks to my back and my makeup is sweating off my face.

My mother left a few minutes ago. Before she stumbled out the door, she smacked me in the face for asking her to shape up her act. I can’t say I didn’t try to help her. I try every day.

I hate it here. It’s nothing like my old home. The house my father built. It was a big white house—like Levi’s. With blue shutters and a big wrap around front porch.

My father and mother would sit in rocking chairs and chat for hours while exhibiting their tea and wheat thins. My mother and my father were so in love. They rarely fought, but if they did, they always fell back to each other with open arms.

When my father had his accident, my mother lost hope after a while. She does drugs, and drinks until she passes out. She’s rarely home, and if she is, it’s because she’s sleeping off a hangover. We lost our big white house because my mom lost her teaching job. Now we live in the ghetto. We survive in an unkempt trailer park full of drug dealers, convicts, and tramps.

I just need to get out of here.

I dial Levi’s number and hope that he picks up.

After a few short rings, “Um, hello?”

“Hey Lev,” I say upset.

“Baby doll?”

Shit. “Jessie? Where’s Levi?” Why did Jessie pick up Levi’s phone?

“He’s asleep. He had a rough night. What’s wrong baby doll?”

I opened my mouth to speak, but I could find anything to say. I wanted to talk to Levi. He knew exactly what I wanted when I called this late. He knows I want him to come get me.

“Never mind,” I finally splutter out.

“Hold on baby doll. What’s wrong? Do you need me to come get you?”

“Yes,” I cry silently.

“Be there in ten.”

“Thank you,” I start but he hangs up too soon.

I drop my phone and roll on my back. My sweats are soaked with, well, sweat. It’s terribly uncomfortable.

I try to wipe my eyes but the tears just keep flowing out. I can’t let Jessie see me like this. He’ll think I’m more of a freak than I already am. It’s bad enough that he’s probably just helping me because Levi would kill him if he didn’t. He doesn’t give a shit about me. He’ll probably tell all of his possy on Monday that I’m not just Emo, I’m also a crybaby.

After a few minutes of trying to calm down, I hear a car outside. I open the blinds a bit to see Jessie’s truck.

Next thing I know he’s opening my door and walking into my trailer. “You should really lock that baby doll.”

“The lock is broken,” I mutter shyly.

He looks me in the eyes. I swear I could almost see a hint of concern. Who am I kidding? It’s Jessie.

“I guess we’ll have to fix that.” He flicks the overhead light switch. He comes closer and gingerly touches my cheek.  I wince at the bruise that was now forming. “What happened to your cheek baby doll?”

“Don’t call me that,” I snap, hoping to change the subject.

“What happened? Why have you been crying?” He looks at me with those light brown eyes.

I shudder a bit at the weird feeling I was getting—a feeling I have never felt before.

“It’s nothing. Can we please just go? Please?” I started to cry again with the last please.

“Yea baby doll.” He wraps his arm around my shoulder and leads me outside.

Like a gentlemen, he opens the passenger door for me.

I look at him confused.

“What?” He asks.

“You don’t have to be so nice to me.” I state flatly. “I know you’d rather be out getting drunk with your friends or sleeping with some slutty cheerleader.”

His face shows hurt. “Willow. I care about you. Why don’t you just get that?”

“Because I find it hard to believe.” I slid in and close the door.