Chapter Twenty-Three

A/N PLEASE READ*****************

Words cannot describe how sorry I am for not updating. It's been well over a year and I can't believe it. I feel so guilty that I've let my fans down. I have so many excuses for why I haven't been updating, but none of them are relevent. But, long story short, I haven't been too sure about writing, or myself. This is my most popular story and to tell you I didn't know where it was going. After much debate I finally have decided what is going to happen and I think I'm ready to write again. I'm trying to make Wattpad one of my main priorities again. Please please please DON'T give up on me! This story is not finished yet, and I intend to give this story an ending you all will LOVE. I love all of you and I've never felt more wanted than I have with Wattpad. Thank you for that. —Maria <3

Chapter 23

*1 week later*

“It’s been a week,” I argue, “we should call the police or something!”

Mrs. Dalton and Jessie give me sympathetic smiles as we gather around their kitchen counter.

“Honey, I know my son, and involving the police will only make things worse. We don’t want him doing anything rash. He will come home when he’s ready. Besides, he’s nearly eighteen.” She pats my hand and goes back to the salad she was preparing before I brought up Levi.

I look over to Jessie with pleading eyes. He gives me a half smile and tilts his head to the staircase signaling for me to go upstairs with him.

Somewhat reluctantly I nod and walk fast paced to the stairs, hoping to avoid walking with him.

Yes, Jessie and I are civil now. We had a long tear filled discussion and I finally agreed to take his word on what happened with Levi and him. No, I don’t entirely believe him, but I can’t afford to lose anyone else. 

Once I get upstairs I head straight for Jessie’s room and sit in his desk chair. Slowly spinning left and right I look down at my hand and fiddle with my thumbs. Soon a bigger hand covers mine and I look into the perfectly light brown eyes of Jessie.

So mesmorizing. So beautiful.

No I need to stop thinking about him that way. That’s what got us into this mess. If I hadn’t given into my emotions, Levi would be here right now, laughing with me while we talked or played guitar.

                I break my eyes from Jessie’s and push his hand away.

                He sighs and walks over to his bed. “Baby doll I know you miss him,” he says after a moment. “I miss him too.”

                “Do you?” I ask somewhat sarcastically. I regret it immediately after seeing the hurt look on his face.

He shakes it off and laughs dryly, “Willow it baffles me why you think so lowly of me. Sure I was a jackass these past few years. But you know the real me. The Jessie that was your best friend.”

It seems like we’ve had this conversation over a hundred times. Like I have said before, I really do want to believe Jessie, but I can’t process the idea of Levi doing that to our friendship.

“Jessie this is really hard for me.” I start standing up to meet him by his bed. “I want to believe what you’re saying is true, but I can’t see Levi ever doing something like that.”

“Can’t or won’t?” He grabs my hands again and this time I don’t pull away. “Willow, Jessie is my brother. He doesn’t put on a façade for me like he does for you. When he wants something, he gets it.”

“What about you?” I ask. “Is this a façade as well?”

He laughs again and pulls me suddenly into a hug. I melt into his hard chest and wrap my arms around him. His wonderful smell greets my senses.

“No,” he says simply, his breath tickling my ear. “Before I just let things happen as they did and that has gotten me nowhere. Now I’m determined to fight for you. I’m not letting you get away again.” With that he chastely kisses just below my earlobe and pulls away, smiling sadly.  “Let’s go eat.”

Levi’s POV

It was about nine at night and I hailed a cab to take me back home. Being on my own for a week really gave me time to think about what I wanted, and after a few internal debates, I came to one conclusion.  All I could ever ask for was that Willow was happy. Willow hasn’t been happy for a long time and for some reason, Jessie put a spark in her eyes again. So on a bench one night as I played that guitar I found, I came up with a plan. I would go home and let Willow be happy. I’d keep my mouth shut about Jessie and stay quite in the best friend zone she had me in. No matter what pain I felt inside, I’d keep it to myself. I’m not going to be here much longer, and I don’t want Willow hating me when I go. The last time I see Willow, I want there to be a genuine smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes. I will make this happen. This I’m sure of.

DUN DUN DUN

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT LEVI DECIDING TO COME HOME! I WILL PICK ONE COMMENT AT RANDOM AND THAT PERSON WILL GET A SHOUTOUT AND A CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM!