Chapter 2

After Lunch, we separated to get to our classes. Tom and Sally walked off to their class, Science, and Alexandra and I are heading to our classes which are on the 2nd floor. Our school has two floors, but it's a very wide school so that's how they probably fit all the kids.

"What class am I going to?" I asked Alexandra as we walked through the almost empty hall. The windows on the far ends of the hallway and windows in between the classroom doors shined our path (the marble like floor).

"How can you forget? I'm going to Math and you are going to Biology, I think?" she replies with the usual nod of her curly head.

"See, you don't even know," I banter. Before she can reply, the conversation is forgotten as the loud ring of the bell echoes through the school.

Looking up at the sound of the bell, the gray ceiling above stares at us with no answer when both of our heads bounce. Alex's brown curls at my side view with my dirty blonde tips popping out from my ponytail, slicing my front view- my ponytails are never tight- we look back ahead. Both in silent recognition, we realize that the halls are deserted, everybody's already in class. Moreover, Alexandra and I are all alone in the hallway now. The scattered kids from before are no more, and we're late to class.

"Shouldn't we run to our class?"

"Nah, Mrs.Turnshi will never notice. But maybe you should?" Alexandra states, her voice light and dreamy though her words might be considered serious. 

She looks forward as her brown curls bounce on top of her shoulders and we continue to walk as though nothing has happened.

We then reached Alexandra's door and waved goodbye, her entering her classroom with a smile at me and probably one for her thoughts.

With no rush, my footsteps echo through the end of the hall as I patter down the gray corridor. The sunlight glistens off the forest green lockers and the pristine floor, making it seem like the hallway is all for me. It's making me care even less about being late as I don't want to leave this tranquil moment of solitude.

When I'm closer to my classroom, walking next to the lockers rather than the empty wide space in between, I see a figure in the distance.

Great, a professor, I think, but then the figure disappears.

Quick to react, my eyes widen as they search the empty halls, looking for the figure that had been there only a moment before. When nothing caught my eye, a relieved sigh escaped me as my shoulders relaxed. Blaming my active imagination, I rolled my eyes, and just as I was to feel relaxed once more, I began to judge my reaction.

Confused by my fast worry, I feel there's something wrong with me for being worried. Thinking that there maybe was a person is weird and highly unlikely so there's no problem and I'm not weird. And if there was a person, then they're the problem for being there and trying to scare me. Not me. YA! - I justified and continued on my way to class.

Having brushed away those thoughts, the steps I take, take me closer and closer to the last door, or rather the second to last door. Looking up to 'the nothing to look at' ceiling, I then look back forward. I've reached the door, standing by the lockers beside the wall that hollows in to create it but as I'm about to step forward, out of nowhere, someone pops out of their hiding spot in that hollow space where the door is!

I jerk back, still not really caring but my eyebrows crease in confusion by the sudden surprise and then they immediately switch to annoyance when my eyes blink up, eyes scanning the person right in front of me. Starting from his long legs up to his smug face, also an expression with no care in the world as it showed his smirky look, it seemed he didn't realize that he was blocking my way.