chapter 45 (end)

Some time later...

Clair is sitting on the courtyard tea table reading a book, one of her hand is rubbing her belly bump, she had a warm smile when she felt the little movement in her belly.

"Dear.." Clair felt a warm back hug accompanying a kiss at her cheek. She turn and look at the handsome man, he is wearing a cloth similar to a farmer but his strong build and face didn't make him look one.

"Are you hungry?" Clair asked while pinched the man's cheek. "Yeah, what did you cook for lunch?" Kyle asked with a childish tone, he like to act like a child despite his status as a father. He said that her affection and attention to their child make him jealous so he wanted to be a child in front of Clair too.

Clair giggled and pinched his nose, "It's your favourite." She then stood up and walk hand in hand with Kyle into the house, while Kyle had a big grin on his face like the happiest man in the world.

"Kelvin! Stop playing with Kuro! Come and eat!" Clair called out to the child playing at the vast field with Kuro. The child, Kelvin look at the couple and had a wide grin and run to them with his short legs. "Mama! Papa!" he shouted while pounced into Kyle's arm.

Clair shook her head helplessly and brought out the meal and they started eating. Both Kyle and Kelvin fight with each other to put food to her plate which they finally sulked and stopped after she scolded them.

Clair chuckled looking at the to male sulking, she put a chicken drumstick each to their plate which cheered them up and eat it heartily. She look at the both of them and realised that they are indeed father and son as their movements and expressions is exactly the same, making Kelvin a tiny version of Kyle.

"Hey! Where is my favourite grandson?" "Hey, he is my favourite grandson, okay?" Two middle aged man voice travel into house and both Clair and Kyle didn't have to turn their heads to know who is it.

"Grandpa! Grandfather! You're here!" Kelvin jump from his seat and pounced on the two man making their way to the dining room. Duke Lune and the emperor in disguise both welcome the child that jumped to them with a wide grin.

"Oh my child, you've grown some more since the last I met you!" the emperor said while patted Kelvin's head. "Grandpa brought a lot of things for you!" Duke Lune took out a long box and gave it to the excited Kelvin.

Kelvin opened it and his eyes immediately shine, "Wow! A sword! Mama! Papa! Look, a sword!" He exclaimed while picked up the sword to show it to his parents.

"Father, don't you think it's too early for him to wield a sword?" Clair sighed, Kelvin is just about to enter 3 years old, she know thag Kelvin is extremely smart as he started to talk and learn words 5 months after being born and started walk at 1 and half years old and become extremely lively and kicking when he reached 2 years old.

"Hmph! Did you know that your father learn how to wield a sword at 3 too? This isn't early at all, the imperial family learn how to do it since they're born, you know?" Duke Lune said while raised his chin, acting rightful. The emperor look at him while frowned, "It is early but it's not as exaggerating like you said."

Clair and Kyle can only shook their head , these two old man really like a pair of ordinary friend and not an emperor subject relationship. Sometimes they're really amused at how both of them get along so well and had the same opinion most of the time.

"I wish I can retired earlier and build a house beside you guys and lived there." Duke Lune said while heave a sigh of frustration, what he wanted the most is to live with his daughter and grandchildren but because of his status and duty, he need to go back and forth to the capital.

The emperor smirk and said happily, "I will handed the throne in a few more months, I had started to ask the architect to construct a house beside them for my old days, I can't wait!" as soon as he finished his words, all of them except the clueless Kelvin look at him with a shocked expression.

"Father! You're the emperor, even after step down you are still the emperor dowager, how could you move to this secluded place to pass your retirement days?" Kyle protested, never in history an emperor step down before their death and never in history the ex emperor wanted to go to a secluded place for his retirement days.

"I'm the emperor, in the future is emperor dowager, my words still weight the most so of course no one will go against it." the emperor said laughingly and Duke Lune can't help have a dark expression, looking at the shamelessness of his in law.

While laughing, suddenly Clair felt something wrong as she felt a damp feeling beneath. "Erm guys... I think.. The baby is coming..." She said while holding on Kyle's sleeve, all of the three man look at her and noticed under the chair there are water dripping down and they immediately got panic.

"Get the physician! He is at the carriage! Quick! My daughter in law is giving birth!" the emperor quickly called out at the guards he brought, thankfully he brought a physician along just in case.

The physician came and Kyle brought Clair to their bedroom and placed her gently on the bed, Duke Lune and Kyle stayed by her side while the emperor brought Kelvin to play somewhere with Kuro.

"Wargh!" the sound of baby's crying sounded when the sky about to turn dark. In the room, Clair laid on the bed weakly and she is drenched in sweat, she is looking at the crying baby girl in Kyle's arm. Duke Lune and Kyle is coaxing the baby.

"Let me hold her." Clair said weakly and Kyle handed the baby to her, "My child, you should be called Clarina." She smiled when Clarina stopped crying and giggled when she heard her name.

Kyle kneeled on one leg and hug both Clair and Clarina. He kissed Clair's forehead and whispered at her ear, "Thank you for existing in my life and accepting me in your life, I love you."

The end~

/////////////
Man, I'm so emotional T^T, I must thanked all of your support and votes to this novel, all of you are the reason I could continue on and finished this novel, I was depressed for some time and thinking about stopping and dropping this novel but seeing the views and votes increased day by day make me motivated and get better day by day. Thank you! T^T Allow the humble me love you all my dear readers!

 Thank you! T^T Allow the humble me love you all my dear readers!

Thank you! (○゚ε゚○)ノ(・ω・)ノ <3