Chapter 13

Kyle walked over and looked at Clair with her head, shoulders and arms stoods a lot of small birds and squirrels.

'She is like a forest fairy, enchanting and lovely.' He thought to himself. The person in front of her had an enchanting face with warm and innocent smile hung on it when she look at those animals.

Her movement was graceful, carefree and alluring like she isn't doesn't belong to this mortal world.

Clair looked at him confusedly, clearly stating she don't understand what he mean. She asked the small animals that went to hiding in her hair come out.

"It's okay, little one, he's a nice guy." She talked warmly like a fairy. Kyle was stunned, he thought that it was just his imagination but he saw a flash of image where Clair weared a whole body of white dress and had a butterfly reddish translucent wings on her back.

"Why are they so attached to you?" Kyle slowly walked towards them and asked, curious and suspicious on her. As a mage that practiced magic, he knew that there's something with the image he saw just now.

"I don't know, I always felt a connection with animals since I was young, I can read their mind and I can understand their feelings. It's weird, but it's making me happy as they're the one accompanying me when I'm down or alone." Clair said while patting the head of a humming bird that flied happily in front of her.

"I had an insight that, surrounded by humans is not suitable for you, you should be surrounded by nature and freely random in this world. Kyle subsconciously muttered softly, but Clair heard it.

She smiled, "yeah, I wish I can be free like that to, surrounded by nature, away from the dirty stain from humans, but I must live in reality, I can't do that as long as I'm called human.

'This is also the reason I wanted to continue my study in the outside world, to interact more with humans. Heh, at last, humans also the one that costed my life.' She thought.

Back then when she was in her family mansion, she hardly communicate with people outside except when she went to school as her family and relatives treated her preciously, they said that she was special but she don't understand it.

Kyle went silent when he heard her words and saw a flash of sadness and loneliness in her eyes. He subsconciously walked to her and grab her hands to his chest.

"I swear, I will set you free from this dirty world and let you random freely like you should be. But I still hope that I could be by your side everytime to protect and love you forever as long as I'm alive." He said resolutely, looking straight into Clair's beautiful bright eyes.

Clair was stunned but looking at his resolute face, she had a sense of secure and warmth radiating in her heart. She nodded and hold his hands back, "I trusted you, so don't disappoint me."

Kyle nodded and planted a kiss on her forehead and hug her. Before he could close his eyes and enjoy the warm in his embrace, loud angry chrips could be heard around him.

He frowned and looked up, those bunch of birds and squirrels was chirping at him angryly and some birds even peck him.

Clair saw this and laughed till her stomach hurts, tears coming out from the corner of her eyes. "Relax guys, he's not hurting me, be nice to each other, okay?"

Soon, those birds and squirrels quite down, one by one, they landed on his body and head, some that landed on Clair's body, glared and him before looking back at Clair with an obedient puppy face.

Kyle saw this and amused, 'Clearly you're a squirrel and a bird, yet you guys behave like a puppy.' He pouted, feeling jealous when her bunny received a lot of attention from others and forget about him.

"Okay guys, I gotta keep going. We'll meet again next time okay? I'll broughy some food for you guys next time, take care little ones!" Clair said while patting their pats one by one.

All of them showed reluctant but eventually obediently nodded and flew to the trees nearby while watching their goddess walked away.

Soon, both Clair and Kyle aborted their carriage and once again hit the road.

----

"What?! That pig is missing?! That can't be! Tell me what happen!" Maryanne slammed her table angryly.

The servant maid that came in shuddered in fear and immediately kneeled down, 'If anyone saw this side of her, what woulf be their reaction.' she gulped her thought with difficulties.

"Apparently, yesterday night, the miss from Lune mansion went missing without anyone knowing what happen, Duke Lune sent people to search for her but after a while, he retracted back the orders, and the informationis cut off like that. No one knows clearly whether the young miss is back safely or not."

"It's better if she is dead, but she need to died in my hands! I still have plans for her but now she's missing! What if anything leaked out?! Oh no, I need to shut her mouth." She looked at the maid.

"You! Find an assassin guild and killed Clair Lune, make sure to skin her face and brought it back to me. How dare she have such a slutty face and steal the spotlight of the most beautiful lady from me!"

She then sat down and laughed evilly and hatefully after the maid left. 'Clair, don't even think about living peacefully with thag face of yours, I will ruin your face, I will ruin your life, I will get to the toppest and trampled you at my feet, just you wait!'

Maryanne gritted her teeth, the time when she was a child is still clear in her mind, she was treated like a national treasure since she was born for her beautiful and pretty face. She had everything she wanted.

But when the child of the Duke Lune that was hidden away from public come to life, she immediately lost her luster and become ordinary girl, she was mocked by the noble girls that hated her for acting arrogant because of all the attention she get.

Maryanne clenched her fist, 'In this world, I am the female lead, I will be the greatest and the prettiest, you Clair, is nothing!' She thought then laughed again when she imagine how Clair was skinned and killed.