chapter 31

"Miss, there's an invitation of a tea party coming from Miss Maryanne, she said that it is to congratulate you on your engagement." Mina speak while holding a letter.

Clair sighed, 'here we go again.' She thought. "Who did she invited?" She asked while looking at a stoic looking woman, Nise. A guard Kyle send to protect her even when she refused.

Since Nise is a member of Moon Owl, she is also excellent in gathering information so hearing the question she went out and came back about 20 minutes later when Clair is having a tea time.

"Miss Maryanne invited almost all noble young lady and also handed out invititation to the Crown Prince and Third Prince." Nise said while handing out the list of people Maryanne invited.

"Oh? What a bold move to embarrassed me. I wonder what she will do this time." Clair said while sipping her hibiscus tea.

"Miss, do you want to go?" Mina asked, she had found out what really happen between her miss and Miss Maryanne so she is worried.

"Go, of course I had to go, she held this for me anyway, I wanna see to what show is she pulling." Clair shrugged.

Nise mouth twitched seeing her future guild mistress's attitude. "Mistress, do you not hate her?" She asked, she had grown accustomed on calling Clair that.

"Even if I take the energy to hate her, will that change anything? Will people know her nature? Will people believe me? I might even get heavily trashed after that."

Nise clutched her fist, what her mistress said is true, she felt pity at the same time admired her mistress for being strong and independent.

If Clair know what she thought of her, she might laughed till her stomach hurt, she is not independent, she just think that she is to lazy to deal with people like Maryanne, not like she can do much, the problem is the people around Maryanne.

"Has Kyle been doing well? He didn't come and see me at all." Clair pouted while asking Nise, Nise hide her laughter, thinking that her mistress is really adorable and totally deserved her master.

"Master is doing well and he had matters to investigate from the emperor which make him busy. Don't worry mistress, master always miss you. Wait for a few more days." Nise explained and teased Clair at the end of her words.

After a few more days, is her wedding day, surprisingly, time passed by so fast. Her marriage date is arround the corner and the people in the mansion is starting to get anxious and preparing things.
(A/N: it's not time pass by so fast, it's that Kyle and his father can't wait to had you married that you're given only three weeks before marriage when the marriage is requested and agreed)

"Let's see what happen tomorrow, Mina, had them prepare my bath, I wanted to take a bath and sleep. Forget about dinner, oh, and bring Kuro to my room after I'm done with my bath." Clair said and Mina retreated to do what had been told.

The next morning arrived which indicated the 'teaparty show' is going to start. Currently, Clair is in the carriage with Nise, heading to the Smith manor.

Clair is resting her head peacefully, her wavy reddish black hair let loose on her shoulder till her waist. Her gradient black red dress contrast her fair skin which make her look domineering and stunning, her cherry lips and pale pink blush lighten up her godlike face.

Nise stared at the lady that is closing her eyes , appreciating the creation God took a little more extra times to create. She sighed mentally, why would this fairy had to gone all those blind accusation and curse when her appearance is clearly stating she is the chosen one by the God?

The carriage stop and Clair instantly open her eyes, light entered her beautiful sparkly eyes and she look like a fallen angel just woken up.

Nise having a hard time to composed herself and went out of the carriage and offering hand to Clair. Clair took it and went out of the carriage.

As the entrance also had a few invited yound ladies that had jist arrived. Everyone look at that descending figure and gasped.

Clair exuded an noble and aloof aura which make her look unapproachable, the original Clair didn't bother dressing up or more accurate, didn't bother attending events unless necessary, so this side of her is refreshing and domineering, attracting every eyes to her.

Clair lazyly swept a look to her surrounding young ladies that had looked at her since she went out nd sighed mentally. She really didn't like being the center of attraction.

She walked away and enter the manor guided by a butler that received her. Unbeknown to her, her lazy swept look so cold that actually make those young ladies shivered in fright. That is the charm of villain to you.

"Clair! You finally arrived! I thought that you wouldn't come because you don't like me." A sweet voice rang into Clair's ear, 'I thought you would be afraid and wouldn't dare come.' Clair mind subconsciously auto interpret her innocent words, which is true.

"Of course I would come, you're preparing it for me anyway." Clair said monotonely. That's just how Clair always talk to people, cold, monotone, aloof.

"I'm glad you like it, I heard you have met His Higness the Third Prince, how is he? I can't wait to see his highness later and ask him to take care of you in the future." Maryanne said while acting all intimately like a loving sister which almost make Clair gagged.

'I will make you suffer, is Third Prince to your liking? I can't wait to take him away from you and make him torture you in the future.' Once again her mind auto interpret it and she suddenly come into realization and stared at Maryanne wide eye.

Maryanne know Clair had catch her hidden meaning and smirk evilly but she hid it so well that only Clair could see it.

She then pulled Clair by her arm and brought her to the garden which the tea party is being held.

'What a slut, dare to have thoughts on master.' Nise sneered in her heart , she might not seen Maryanne's smirk but she could somehow noticed something wrong with her words and her mistress's reaction. She wondered what will happen to this woman.