chapter 27

"Father, I'm back." Clair bowed to middle aged man sitting in the room, her face devoid of any emotions.

"Hmph! You still remember this father of yours. How can you just leave the house without any notice."

Duke Lune glared at her, he is so frustrated when she just greeted him naturally like nothing happened.

"How can you always cause this much trouble to this family, run away from home as an unmarried lady? What a disgrace! I had told you to not causing trouble and you brought us shame. Isn't it enough when you disgrace yourself because of that Smith girl and the Crown Prince?"

Duke Lune roared, Clair clenched her teeth, trying to contained her anger, the rage inside of her boiled and dark thoughts started to creeped in. 'So annoying' 'So noisy'

"Say something! What are you not satisfied with this house? With me? Tell me here and not going out causing ruckus! Say it Clair!"

Clair gripped her hand that her nails dugged into her palm, making it bleed, her mind snapped with the rage but the pain had successfully made her not lashed out and stay clear minded but tears still streamed down, from the pain, mentally and physically.

"It's always my fault! You've never asked me what really happened, and you just pin the blame all on me and make me reflect on my mistakes. What did I even do wrong that I needed to reflect on it? You never trust me on anything happened. I'm sick of this house, I'm sick of you! Sometimes I even wonder if you're really my father!"

Pah! A slapping sound sounded. A bright red mark appeared on Clair's cheek. Duke Lune looking at his hand, disbelief, tears wet his face.

"I had always loved you, in this world, after your mother left me, I only had you! I don't want you to be in trouble, I don't want you to get involved with the political and power struggle, I wanted you to live freely like your mother wanted you to. I extend so much effort to protect you and get you out of trouble. How dare you say that I'm not your father."

He said while trembled, sadness and anger can be heard in his words.

"What you done doesn't protect me, instead it ruined me! I never wanted to get involved, I only wanted a peaceful family. But they keep framing me and said that I'm the bad guy, I wanted to explain but you never give me a chance to and never trusted me. Because of that I stayed quiet about everything! I'm such a nuisance to you so I just wanted to disappear from your sight."

"I never liked that Crown Prince, Maryanne used me to let people see that she is the kind one. I wanted to tell someone but nobody willing to hear me and believe me. You even wanted to marry me away, I just wanted to live a peaceful life with my dearest, that's why I run away and disappear from you!"

Clair started to wailed sorrowfully, Duke Lune was shocked with what he heard and can't really think about what to do.

"Father, I'm sorry that I run away from home and I'm sorry that I'm too weak to defense myself against others and caused Lune family to be stained. I'm sorry, it's my fault. Waa..."

Duke Lune felt his heart ached and he immediately hug the slumped and crying Clair. He is in tears as well.

"I'm sorry Clair, I didn't know. I love you so much that I turn blind eyed to everything I thought you've done. It's not your fault, it's my fault instead for not being able to protect you and defense you. It's my fault for not trusting in you and not paying attention .It's my fault, I'm sorry, forgive me, my child."

'Of course it's your fault.' Clair complained in her heart, but warmth radiated in her heart as well as both father and daughter had cleared all misunderstanding and now in good terms.

After crying for so long, Clair is exhausted and her stomach growled. Duke Lune ask for a feast and that night Lune manor had a feast for celebrating their miss return and reconcile of the father daughter pair.

Clair went into her room after dinner. The room is still the same as before, no changes and no missing items.

She sit in front of the mirror and look at herself. She closed her eyes for a while and when she opened her eyes, the mirror reflected a gorgeous fairy.

She touched her face and realised something. Her eyes, her golden pupils, there's tinge of blood red. She look at the blood red colour in her eyes and smirk helplessly.

'I guess, the evil nature still managed to get me huh, well living in this world with this kind of blockhead around me, why would I not get influenced.' She thought.

Suddenly sounds of knocking from her balcony window sounded, she transform back to her human form and went there. Through the transparent glass, she didn't see anyone but instead she saw a cute fluffy brown dog outside.

She opened the window and the dog jumped into her embrace and 'warf!' cutely. On it's collar, there is a piece of paper, Clair opened it and read it.

Dearest future wife,
I bet that you're bored without me, your future husband accompanying you by you side. That is why, I send this little guy here to be a replacement to accompany you so that you won't be lonely without me. I love you, I'll find you later and I will certainly propose you to be my wife.
Sincerely, from your future husband, Kyle.

Clair read the letter with a red cheeks. She pouted, "What future husband, future wife, I'm not lonely without him, love ? Pfft." She said while trying hard not to smile.

She picked up the Pomeranian bred brown dog. Seeing it's collar doesn't have a name one it. She smiled, "I'll named you Kuro!"

Kuro licked her cheek barked and she chuckled while hugging Kuro. 'Sure, I'll give you a chance and wait.' She thought before brought Kuro to bed and they both snuggled to sleep.