chapter 34

"Good evening Duke Lune, I'm the third prince, Kyle Liddon." Kyle said while bowing respectfully to the middle aged man in front him.

"Wait what? You're Third Prince? Aren't.. How could you stand up?" Duke Lune was surprised when he saw a handsome young man brought into the house by his beloved daughter.

"Indeed, I'm faking my disbility as per father emperor's request." Kyle said truthfully, they are going to be a family in the future, so lying is a big no.

"I see, I understand. But hmph! As someone that wanted to marry my Lune family, you must follow every tradition that was passed down since our ancestors time. I don't care even if you're the prince, you must follow it, then I'll give both of you my blessing."

Duke Luke said strictly like a general speak to his soldiers. "I will do my best, Duke!" Kyle answered energetically .

"We'll start off with the way you adressed me, you must called me father in law from now on." Duke Lune said again, "Yes, father in law!" Kyle answered again.

Clair standing at the side with Nise and Mina just chuckled looking at those two, her father is so funny and cool acting like a strict commander while Kyle is adorable acting like a obedient and energetic soldier apprentice.

"Now, let's go have a dinner first and we'll proceed to our discussion. Stay 1 meter away from my daughter before you get married! I'll chop off your hand if I saw you touched her." Duke Lune said while giving Kyle a death glare as a warning as if saying 'You can try if you dare.'

Kyle gulped and nodded his death vigorously. Clair chuckled and affectionately held Duke Lune's arm like a loving daughter and brought him out. She then turn to look at Kyle and winked while mouthing 'Good luck!'

Kyle sighed but for Clair, he will do anything! He followed the daughter father pair to the dining hall with determine heart. Nise look at his master and mistress action and chuckled in her heart. Ship of both of them sailing endlessly.

--

It had been 1 week Kyle take on the task to be accepted to the Lune mansion, it's a bit funny to think that a prince like him would need to do all those task to be accepted to a mere duke's daughter family, but 'who cares?' ,as Kyle said.

Clair is reading a book of recipe while sipping her afternoon tea. Ever since Kyle had started 'training' with Duke Lune, she take interest in cooking as she wanted cook for Kyle as a loving wife.

She decided to do it as she was reminded of her grandfather back then where he said a good wife is a wife that can cook for hee husband.

Clair pretty much had a good talent in cooking as her cooking is delicious and an eye opener as she cook meals that she like in her previous life that doesn't exist here.

"Warf!" Kuro ran towards Clair with his short and tiny legs. His fluffy fur bounced as he hops a little while running.

"Kuro! Where have you been lately?" Clair put down her book and carry Kuro in her arm, there she realised a note slipped at his collar. She take it and opened it.

My dear princess, it would be two more days before our marriage, I wanted to meet you so bad this past few days but as your father keep watch me every second I can't go near you. Today I had finished my task and he said he will give us his blessing during our wedding, I got kicked out of the house before I could meet you so I could only pass this note through Kuro. I love you and I miss you, take care my dear wife, see you in two days.

Clair smiled sweetly as she read the note, she wanted to reply the note but can't think of her words so she came up with an idea.

She look around after chase away all the hidden guards and maids before planted a kiss on the paper. A print of her lips tinted with cherry red lipstick appeared, she added 'take care' and slipped it on Kuro's collar.

"Nise, bring Kuro to his highness place, let him adapt to the environment there earlier, handed him personally to his highness." Clair speak while hide her embarrassed face with her hair.

"Yes. Miss, it's time to have a last check on the wedding dress, the designer had come, she said it this way, any adjustments could be done before the wedding day." Nise said while picking up Kuro.

"Okay, called Mina over." Clair said while cooling her red cheek down. Then she stood up , followed Mina to the dressing room.

"Miss Clair, let's have you put on the dress first, we'll do the hair after that to suit accessories to it later." Lady Hailey, the designer speak warmly. She is a friendly and honest lady.

Clair put on her white, beautiful and gorgeous wedding dress and do her hair, Mina even pun on some makeup that suit her and enhance more her beautiful face.

Her warm like sunlight beauty make the room looks brighter and sparkles which make every living things in the room envy and some maids even had nosebleed.

Clair stood in front of the mirror and didn't move an inch while Lady Hailey started making adjustments here and there, she praised Clair for her manner and etiquette .

Clair smiled softly but no one knew the pain she went through while learning them, she could be casual and didn't mind her manner while in the Lune manor of with Kyle but difinitely can't do it in front of others especially those noble ladies.

"Mina, get me a glass of water." Clair said while sitting down, it was so tiring to just stand still there just now.

"Miss, Mina had to do some errand, this is the water." A maid come in and handed a glass of water. Clair look at the girl that she never see before, a bad feeling creeped out as she look at the glass, a faint scent emitted from the plain water and she frowned.

"Guards! Take her!" Clair shouted while calling out Black, a few guards come in and held the maid down while Black put his swords at the neck of the maids as Clair told him not to kill her.