chapter 42

Clair rubbed her flat belly, a warm smile formed on her lips, just a few days ago, she was confirmed pregenant when her period had stop and she started feel tired and sick all the time.

Kyle was crying with happy tears at her lap when the physician told him the news, he vowed to protect her and their child forever as long as he is alive.

Among the flowers, Vera and Sakura is the most excited one as they like children, though it's a bit worrying for Sakura to handle children but Clair still happy that all of her flowers were happy for her as well.

The second happiest is of course, the duke, her father. As soon as he received the news, he travel back from the border of the kingdom to visit her even though he is on a mission. Although it's a crime to left your post before finishing it, the emperor didn't dare voiced it out as he actually also disguised as ordinary civilian to visit her and Kyle.

Clair was a bit touched by the father's love the emperor gave to Kyle, although he can't show it openly, but his secret support and actions caused one to feel envy for Kyle.

"Wife, what are thinking about? Don't tire yourself, you should rest a lot." Kyle gave her a back hug and a kiss at her cheek. His husband loving image turn more apparent after she was pregnant, he also become more like a father figure with Sakura as his practise.

"It's nothing, are you leaving?" Clair look at him, he is wearing a formal clothes and even had his royalty badge on.

"Yeah, a decree came requesting me to go to the palace, I think it's father that wanted to see me. Maybe he wanted to give rewards, it's been a few days after your pregnancy announcement after all." Kyle said while rub her belly gently.

A 'Thud' sound come from her heart, she felt uneasy and had a bad feeling but she shrugged it off and throw it to the back of her head, but that feeling keep coming back and she can't help told Kyle to be extra careful which she never told him before.

Kyle think that it's weird but shrugged it off with a gentle smile, thinking that maybe she become more sensitive because of the baby.

Clair send him off , Kyle sat in his wheelchair that is now in the carriage and Lance acted as a royal guard sat at his side.

The carriage went off and Clair turned around which she bumped lightly to a man. "I'm sorry Your Higness! Please forgive me for bumping you!" He said immediately and kneeled.

Clair was surprised but after that she forgive him, he had a bit of a familiar smell but she can't pinpoint it, the guy then thanked her and left the manor with an ordinary carriage.

"Who is that man?" Clair asked Nise which is beside Mina. "It's the man sending the decree this morning, he stayed a little for tea, saying that he will leave after master leave." Nise said.

"Leave after Kyle leave? That's suspicious..." Clair said, she rubbed her chin a little and started thinking, "I felt like I met him before... He smells familiar..." suddenly a light bulb in her head light up and an image of a guy disgusted face appeared.

'The crown prince's man...' Clair remembered, that man had the same smell as the guard that is always by Carl side, but his face is always masked and only his eyes is seen, it is said that his face had a big scar so he wear mask to avoid scaring people.

"The decree, is it still here?" Clair asked quickly. Nise had a bad feeling, seeing her mistress reaction. "Yes, the decree is still in master's study." Clair nodded and strode to Kyle's study room.

A red decree is placed on the table, Clair take it and observe it. "These handwritings, they're not Alzher's handwritings, the emperor never let anyone write a decree except for Alzher. How can he not noticed these?!" Clair is half scolding, Kyle trusted the decree from emperor too much that he overlook the details.

"Quick! Nise! Bring this fake decree to the emperor and said that he one sending it is the crown prince right hand man and the target is the third prince, I think that there is a trap set up by the crown prince, ask the emperor to send royal guards to find him quick, I'll try to catch up on them!"

Clair started to run but Mina quickly caught her hand. "Your Highness! It's too dangerous for you to go! Let's just send man to search for His Highness! You need to take care of your body and the baby!"

Nise also nodded and begged Clair to not go but Clair just escape frok their grasped and called out Black and Sakura. They take horses from the stable and started to chase after Kyle's carriage, it had been a while so they must have gone further away, added on that there are spies and sabotage happening.

Sakura use her power to keep Clair safe by eliminating the bumps and jumps while riding her horse and Black ride another horse while carrying Sakura because she can't ride it while helping Clair.

In a forest, Kyle is sitting weakly while holding his chest, a strands of red fluid could be seen coming out from the corner of his mouth, not long after his journey, he was ambushed, he wanted to mobilise his mana but to no avail. Lance can't fence of all of them at once and ended up both of them getting injured and brought here.

He observe his surrounding and found almost 30 people in black cloak and more than hundreds of people in armor which must be the private guards of the man standing in front of him.

"Oh my, look at your pathetic condition, you must feel really bad for not being able to fight back, just like your mother, can't even fight back against my mother." Carl laughed like the ultimate villain and the others especially black cloaked man join in.

Kyle only look at him coldly, he hate the fact that he can't protect himself, if he can't protect himself, how could he protect his wife and child? Thinking about his wife, he remembered how Clair become more sensitive and worried today and he chuckled a little.

'Look like a pregnant woman instinct is really incredible, she must have a feeling that I might die today.' Kyle laughed pathetically in his heart, memories of her smiles and laughs replayed in his mind.

"The witch said he wanted you, but didn't say that she wanted you alive or dead, so better be dead, you didn't know how much I hate you and wanted to kill you! Why do you have to be better than me in everything!" Carl pointed his swords to Kyle's neck while Kyle simply closed his eyes.

Carl is about to swing his sword when a voice sounded, "Stop!!"